This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Kirov 's Covent Garden season- Cast changes

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 NO7

NO7

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 June 2001 - 08:05 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sylvia:
[QB]It's my first live experience with the Kirov - I really wasn't expecting all the casting changes here and there!

Sylvia, cast changes are the most fun part of seeing the Kirov ballet. Sometimes I book tickets for scheduled casts I don't want to see. Often things turn out differently, and I get to see my favourites eventually. :)

#17 Jane Simpson

Jane Simpson

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 22 June 2001 - 11:57 AM

Originally posted by alexandra:
Nioradze is amazingly durable, isn't she?

Not this time, I'm afraid - she has an injury problem and has gone home. And Makhalina never came, and of course neither did Asylmuratova.

#18 Kevin Ng

Kevin Ng

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 23 June 2001 - 05:23 PM

No, Irma Nioradze hasn't gone home. She just danced Medora in Le Corsaire tonight, though I prefer Sofia Gumerova this afternoon. And Lankadem, in particular, was strongly cast - with Anton Korsakov in the afternoon, and Andrian Fadeyev (being cast against type) who acted and danced vivaciously tonight.

The Rubies cast on Monday has been changed. It will be Irina Golub and Anton Korsakov.

[ 06-24-2001: Message edited by: Kevin Ng ]

#19 Jane Simpson

Jane Simpson

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 24 June 2001 - 06:47 AM

Originally posted by Kevin Ng:
No, Irma Nioradze hasn't gone home.  She just danced Medora in Le Corsaire tonight

Well, that's a nice surprise - apologies for putting too much trust in rumours!

#20 Marc Haegeman

Marc Haegeman

Platinum Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 24 June 2001 - 04:54 PM

She IS durable, Jane :), but you are right, Irma Nioradze was seriously considering going home at some point last week.

[ 06-24-2001: Message edited by: Marc Haegeman ]

#21 Salome

Salome

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 June 2001 - 05:53 PM

I don't know what her injury was, but even after an entire Corsaire on Saturday she seemed very well and not to be suffering at all (and signing lots of autographs!). Just out of interest did anyone also notice a huge bruise on Diana Vishneva's hip after her Manon? It looked quite nasty to me, I hope it was nothing serious. Speaking of durable dancers, Ilya Kuznetsov has danced every night this week and still seems to show not a trace of tiredness, I don't know what the Kirov would have done without him this season.
Amy

#22 Kevin Ng

Kevin Ng

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 25 June 2001 - 08:07 AM

Salome, I second your appreciation for Ilya Kuznetsov's hard work last week. He danced 6 performances - 3 of Manon and 3 of Le Corsaire. I didn't see Vishneva's Manon however.

By the way, Dmitri Simeonov will dance the Act 1 pas de trois in Swan Lake this Sat. afternoon.

After the Balanchine programme early next week, a part of the Kirov company - e.g. Irina Golub, Andrian Fadeyev, Danila Korsuntsev etc. - will leave London early to dance for a week in Granada. The Kirov will do a divertissements programme in Granada including "Rubies", "Raymonda" Act 3, "Le Spectre de la Rose".

[ 06-27-2001: Message edited by: Kevin Ng ]

#23 Kevin Ng

Kevin Ng

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 26 June 2001 - 06:47 AM

The cast on Wed. night should be Natalia Sologub and Andrian Fadeyev who danced the opening night 2 weeks ago.

[ 06-27-2001: Message edited by: Kevin Ng ]

#24 Kevin Ng

Kevin Ng

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 27 June 2001 - 05:46 PM

For the record, the afternoon and evening casts of Sleeping Beauty were swapped round at the last minute. Sologub and Fadeyev danced in the matinee instead, while Vishneva and Korsakov danced the evening performance.

Casting for Swan Lake should be-
Thur. - Lopatkina, Korsuntsev
Fri. - Gumerova, Zelensky.
Sat. mat. - Gumerova, Korsuntsev
Sat. eve. - Zakharova, Kolb

[ 06-29-2001: Message edited by: Kevin Ng ]

#25 Kevin Ng

Kevin Ng

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 30 June 2001 - 07:15 PM

The Bolshoi star Nikolai Tsiskaridze returned to London today to guest with the Kirov, and will dance the 3rd movement of Symphony in C on Monday.

Yulia Makhalina won't be in London next week to do her scheduled performances of Scheherazade.

#26 Guest_David M_*

Guest_David M_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 01 July 2001 - 02:57 PM

Dear Kevin Ng,

You are so imformative re he castings at C/G and the Kirov.

Can you advise where you get all yout info.

Regards

David

#27 Kevin Ng

Kevin Ng

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 02 July 2001 - 06:54 AM

David, I've been following the Kirov since 1987; and I have a number of contacts in the company.

#28 Roma

Roma

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 02 July 2001 - 09:20 AM

Kevin, do you know why Makhalina is not dancing? Is she injured? Is she out of favor? She seems to be hardly ever cast now(couple of years it seems), and I have been wondering why.

#29 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,279 posts

Posted 02 July 2001 - 10:45 AM

In the hopes of saving Kevin from trying to figure out a way to answer this, I'll ask that he not. :)

I'm sure a lot of people are wondering what happened to Makhalina, or other dancers -- it's a good question -- but I'm afraid I have to step in again and say any answer would fall into the Gossip bin. The answer will depend on who one asks, and there's no guarantee that it will be accurate. Unfortunately, while rehearsal schedules and cast lists are posted openly backstage in most theaters, Currently Out of Favor with the Directorship Lists are not, and there's no Injured Reserve list in ballet, as there is in sports.

[ 07-02-2001: Message edited by: alexandra ]

#30 colwill

colwill

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 July 2001 - 02:26 PM

Yulia Makhalina danced last year with the Kirov at the ROH. She danced a powerful Firebird on 15th August. She also performed with a small company led by Igor Zelensky at the Lowry Theatre Salford on 25th August. She danced the Don Quixote PDD with Igor Zelensky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):