This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Promotions

Surprised Gabe was left off the list.   But congratulations regarding all these well deserved promotions

Now it's time for ABT to find another tall, strong guy to promote.  I think Hammoudi may be out of the running permanently for promotion.  Time to try out Hoven and Forster in some more lead roles

Edited by abatt

I knew Skylar's instagram story post was up to something (the caption "fab 4" on a picture that includes people who have long been speculated to be promoted this year, I got suspicious. So glad it was true!!!).

So happy for Lane (finally!!!). Not surprised about Teuscher, but a little wee bit surprised about Schevchenko. I'm not undermining her, but I thought this year a bit too soon. Oh well, she deserves it. I'm sure her phenomenal performances of this season had a lot to do with this decision. Also, they have promoted two tall soloists to replace to tall ballerinas. Looks like they take their numbers seriously lol. Congrats to all three ladies.

Also happy for Royal. I haven't seen enough from him, but judging on everyone's comments it looks like it was a well deserved promotion.

I was expecting more corps to soloist promotions. Hopefully next year.

So happy for everyone and even a little relieved at hearing of Lane's promotion. There was a time when I thought it would never happen, but she danced with so much confidence and artistry this spring, I had hope.

Wow! I can breathe a sigh of relief now. Soooooo happy for these dancers, but especially for Lane and Royal who should have been promoted years ago.

I had a feeling Shevchenko would be promoted too given the season she's had, but I'm surprised that Teuscher was included. I thought maybe next year for her.

I also thought they'd promote another dancer or two from the corps.

Congratulations to all of them! And, I hope to see some videos of the announcements made in class.

Very happy about the news.

I'd really have liked to see Gabe, who does a ton of soloist roles (as many as Arron Scott) promoted. He deserved it.

And I hope that all this newly promoted talent doesn't mean a long wait for Cassandra Trenary and Skylar, but I'm very happy for everyone promoted!!!

I'd imagine next year there will have to be some movement up from corps to soloist on the women's side.

14 minutes ago, nanushka said:

This is exactly the news I was hoping for a week ago. I do have a heavier heart now than I would have then, but that doesn't change the fact that all four are truly deserving of this. I'm excited to see where they go from here.

I wonder when they were told? Was it in class today?

I'm really happy for all four of them, and they've all earned it and then some. It's unfortunate that Part's departure is casting somewhat of a shadow over what should be a completely happy occasion. But even as a diehard Part fan, I'd never feel that any of the three ladies stole her spot. They've all proven themselves. ABT just needs to improve its finances if it really has such limited funds to afford principal spots. I remember a few years ago when NYCB's principal list was huuuuuge. That will never be possible at ABT, but it's a shame they can't support more principal dancers.  

Edited by fondoffouettes

I'm surprised there was no corps woman promoted to soloist. If my count is right, correct me if I'm wrong, there are now only 3 soloist women. One of them, Paris, doesn't seem to be cast very much. Brandt & Trenary can't do all the soloist roles. Maybe it means more corps women will be given opportunities to do soloist roles. 

7 minutes ago, vipa said:

I'm surprised there was no corps woman promoted to soloist. If my count is right, correct me if I'm wrong, there are now only 3 soloist women. One of them, Paris, doesn't seem to be cast very much. Brandt & Trenary can't do all the soloist roles. Maybe it means more corps women will be given opportunities to do soloist roles. 

I think Paris was injured (?) much of this season--she actually was cast a lot, she was just often replaced, at least in the performances I saw.

--And my count is the same as yours. 3 soloist women remaining! It is indeed a small number.

Edited by aurora
9 minutes ago, aurora said:

I think Paris was injured (?) much of this season--she actually was cast a lot, she was just often replaced, at least in the performances I saw.

--And my count is the same as yours. 3 soloist women remaining! It is indeed a small number.

She was back on Wednesday, though, and looked really great as the Diamond fairy!

17 minutes ago, vipa said:

Same here. I think this next year will bring, as you say, some opportunities to corps women who I expect we'll see pushed to see if they can handle a promotion. Hurlin, Waski, Ogawa, Richardson, and maybe Degrofft I'd expect to see get more soloist roles (esp Hurlin who has already been getting more assignments).

For the corps men I think they need to start pushing Zhang, Whiteley, Maloney, Frenette, Klein, Ahn for the same reasons. Shayer I suspect will be a shoe-in for promotion next year and I imagine we'll see him get even more roles before that.

Edited by ABT Fan
1 hour ago, alexL said:

Congrats to all the dancers!! All of them should'vw promoted years ago.

What's sad is either Teauscher or Shechenko might be blamed by Part's hardcore fans for taking her spot....

It's already happening. 

But congrats to the newly promoted dancers, especially Sarah, whose journey to principal was so long and arduous.

Edited by canbelto