This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

2017-18 Roster Changes, Including Where 2017 PDs and Level VIII's Are Heading

According to the 2017 graduation program, the PDs and Level VIII's are doing this next year:

New apprentices for Pacific Northwest Ballet:

• Christopher D’Ariano
  • Clara Ruf-Maldonado
  • Genevieve Waldorf

Congratulations to them, and I look forward to seeing more of them this coming season :flowers:

Among the Level VIII's, two will join the Professional Division at PNBS:

• Annika Greenig
  • Grace Rookstool

2017 graduates of the PD program will be joining these companies or attending these universities:

Alberta Ballet, Apprentice:

Kuu Sakuragi

Ballet Austin:

Dallas Finley

Caroline Ballet:

Luke Potgieter

Colorado Ballet:

Camille Reaux

Ballet Idaho:

• Anissa Bailis
  • Ashley Baker

Oregon Ballet Theatre II:

Christopher Brown

University of Oregon:

Madeline Davis

University of Southern California:

Juliette Ochoa

I am so bummed Kuu Sakuragi did not get a contract with PNB.  As I watched Steven Loch's Next Step piece, I tried to work through my grief.  Kuu puts everything into everything!  Not even one half count is ever wasted.  I can only hope he will come to PNB some day, like Elizabeth Murphy.  I would even pay and drive across a bridge to see him perform in the new Francia Russell Center performance space when he comes home to visit family.

3 minutes ago, seattle_dancer said:

I am so bummed Kuu Sakuragi did not get a contract with PNB.  As I watched Steven Loch's Next Step piece, I tried to work through my grief.  Kuu puts everything into everything!  Not even one half count is ever wasted.  I can only hope he will come to PNB some day, like Elizabeth Murphy.  I would even pay and drive across a bridge to see him perform in the new Francia Russell Center performance space when he comes home to visit family.

Your lips to the gods' ears.

It seems like there has been quite a few tall men hired lately:  Miles Pertl, Dammiel Cruz, Dylan Wald, Guillaume Basso.

i had seen Kuu dance and partner company dancers in Symphony and C and at least one other PNB Company piece this past season, so I was hopeful.

if he doesn't find a way to PNB I would also love for Helgi to acquire him at SFB.  He took their summer course last year, so I was hopeful there too.