This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Robert Fairchild and Tiler Peck...........

Surprised.  I guess spending large amounts of time  separated doesn't help.  Their marriage lasted less than 3 years.

I hope this will not mean that NYCB has to avoid casting them together in the same ballet, in the way that has occurred in the split of Veyette and Megan Fairchild.

I don't necessarily agree with that perspective.  The dancers are there to do the work.  If they decide to engage in personal relationships that ultimately don't work out, it's their problem to deal with the fallout or leave.  It's ludicrous to expect management to tip toe around minefields involving split relationships. 

I am so sorry to hear this. I have fond memories of them dancing together in romantic ballets, very special moments they allowed the audience to share. Tiler is always so ebullient in her dancing, I hope she will be able to continue to be so as she works through this stage in her life. For me, she is the quintessential ballerina dancing today. 

I was wondering how this would affect the performances featuring Tiler Peck at the Los Angeles Music Center at the end of July, called Ballet Now, but I just checked the website and it shows Cory Stearns as dancing Stars and Stripes pas de deux with Tiler, as well as Fancy Free.  Interesting that the casting changes are already up.  Robert Fairchild was previously listed as a dancer.  

Edited by Josette

This is really out of nowhere.... I wish each of them the best. 

Luckily for the management, they actually don't dance together that frequently. Tiler's usual partners are Amar Ramasar and T Angle and Robbie usually dances with Sterling Hyltin. 

There is still some time until the fall season so I will hold my speculations regarding casting....

2 hours ago, Helene said:

I hope this means that NYCB will respect any wish to cast them apart, until they both are ready to dance together.

It was a few months ago that Megan Fairchild, on instagram, confirmed that she was no longer married to Veyette and wrote the following: "Tonight I did something I truly never thought I would be able to do. I performed in front of 2600 people, with a person who I share a lot of painful memories. I feel like I climbed a mountain in the last two days, and it ironically only felt like a small hill. You never know where life will take you, but I know now that I can survive whatever comes my way."

That was after performing Allegro Brilliant with Veyette. I don't know if the company intentionally let some time pass after their divorce before pairing them, but they ended up being paired none-the-less. I expect the same will be true of T. Peck & R. Fairchild. If he remains with the company.

2 hours ago, abatt said:

I don't necessarily agree with that perspective.  The dancers are there to do the work.  If they decide to engage in personal relationships that ultimately don't work out, it's their problem to deal with the fallout or leave.  It's ludicrous to expect management to tip toe around minefields involving split relationships. 

True. Which is why in most workplaces there are rules about and against interoffice involvements. However, if those in management do not issue clear cut rules on the subject, or forbid such relationships outright, they should also be expected to demonstrate some sensitivity for a limited period. By the same token, the exes have to show maturity and professionalism.

I suppose in the small and insular world of ballet such rules would be difficult or impossible to enforce.

This is very sad. I wish them both the best. Unfortunately, though, I'm not surprised by this news. I remember reading an article in the NY Times two years ago about the state of their marriage. Tiler and Robbie were just newlyweds at the time. They had only been married for one year, but according to the article, were hardly ever together. It didn't sound very promising at all. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/31/style/for-robert-fairchild-and-tiler-peck-a-partnership-that-stays-in-step.html

Very happy for Day and Fairchild. Thanks for sharing.

Fairchild seems to have deleted the Instagram post of him and Day embracing one another (posted by canbelto above).

Edited to add: Wow — Day has also deleted his caption for the photo in which he’s raising his glass. It used to say something to the effect of “Raising a glass to my dude” (on the preview night of Brigadoon).

Edited by fondoffouettes