This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

BalletNow - Tiler Peck at the Music Center (LA)

Not sure how long this has been posted to the Music Center website but this is a line up for Tiler Peck's BalletNow programs.

Friday, July 28, 2017 at 7:30pm

1-2-3-4-5-6 (Dorrance) 5 min      
Michelle Dorrance, Lil "O" (Virgil Gadson), Tiler Peck and Byron Tittle

Chutes and Ladders (Justin Peck) 10 min  
Jeanette Delgado and Kleber Rebello (Miami City Ballet)

Romeo and Juliet pas de deux (Macmillan) 8 min
Isabella Boylston and James Whiteside (ABT)

After the Rain (Wheeldon) 10 min
Reece Clarke and Lauren Cuthbertson (Royal Ballet) 

Allegro Brillante (Balanchine) 16 min 
Preston Chamblee, Harrison Coll, Marcelo Gomes, Rachel Hutsell, Lauren King, Claire Kretzschmar, Lars Nelson, Tiler Peck, Taylor Stanley, Indiana Woodward

Intermission 

Fancy Free (Robbins) 30 min
Jeanette Delgado, Marcelo Gomes, Claire Kretzschmar, Tiler Peck, Cory Stearns, Daniel Ulbricht

Total running time including intermission: 1 hour, 40 min
*dancers and program subject to change

Saturday, July 29, 2017 at 7:30pm

Time It Was (Irwin/Tiler Peck) 11 – 12 min
Bill Irwin and Tiler Peck

Manon pas de deux (MacMillan) 10 min
Lauren Cuthbertson and Marcelo Gomes 

Rubies (Balanchine) 6 min
Isabella Bolyston and James Whiteside

Carousel (Wheeldon) 5 min
Zachary Catazaro and Tiler Peck

In Creases (Peck) 15 min 
Preston Chamblee, Harrison Coll, Rachel Hutsell, Lauren King, Claire Kretzschmar, Marc Moreau, Taylor Stanley, Indiana Woodward

Intermission 

After The Rain (Wheeldon) 8 min
Reece Clarke and Tiler Peck

Lauren Cuthbertson and James Whiteside  

Who Cares? (Balanchine) concert version finale 20 – 30 min

• Man I Love - Zachary Catazaro and Tiler Peck
  • Stairway to Paradise - Indiana Woodward 
  • Embraceable You - Isabella Boylston and Marcelo Gomes 
  • Fascinatin Rhythym - Tiler Peck 
  • Who Cares - Taylor Stanley and Indiana Woodward
  • My One and Only - Jeanette Delgado 
  • Lyzza - Harrison Coll  or Daniel Ulbricht
  • Finale - Everyone 

Total running time including intermission: 1 hour, 48 min

Sunday, July 30, 2017 at 2pm

In Creases (Peck) 15 min
Preston Chamblee, Harrison Coll, Rachel Hutsell, Lauren King, Claire Kretzschmar, Marc Moreau, Taylor Stanley, Indiana Woodward

Isabella Boylston and Marcelo Gomes

Stars and Stripes (Balanchine) 4 min
Tiler Peck and Cory Stearns  

Thais pas de deux (Ashton) 10 min
Reece Clarke and Lauren Cuthbertson

Red Angels (Ulysses Dove) 15 min 
Isabella Bolyston, Preston Chamblee, Tiler Peck, Taylor Stanley

Intermission 

Fancy Free (Robbins) 30 min
Jeanette Delgado, Marcelo Gomes, Claire Kretzschmar, Tiler Peck, Cory Stearns, Daniel Ulbricht

Total running time including intermission: 1 hour, 42 min 

https://www.musiccenter.org/about/Our-Programs/Glorya-Kaufman-Dance/1617-Season/BalletNow/

I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed as this is happening the same weekend as La Scala in Giselle at SCFTA. These are actually fairly interesting programs and some Balanchine we never get to see here. I have Fri evening and Sat evening tickets to Giselle, but I guess I will be thinking about the Sunday matinee (though I like the program for Saturday evening better). Maybe I should swap my tickets to Giselle? What a horrible conundrum and bad planning by these two competing theaters.

On 6/19/2017 at 10:01 AM, ksk04 said:

What a horrible conundrum and bad planning by these two competing theaters.

This kind of overlap just slays me -- I know that presenters have to work with the schedule of the artists they are booking -- possibly this is the only weekend that Peck's ensemble could make this appearance.  But the La Scala dates have been on the books for a long time, and in a community that already has difficulty keeping a classical company in residence, this just seems like very poor planning.

If you can massage your schedule, though, I'd really love to hear from someone what the Michelle Dorrance piece (on the Friday program) is like -- Dorrance knocked our socks off in Seattle last year with her Blues Project.  And Bill Irwin on Saturday -- I wish I could see that as well!

43 minutes ago, sandik said:

This kind of overlap just slays me -- I know that presenters have to work with the schedule of the artists they are booking -- possibly this is the only weekend that Peck's ensemble could make this appearance.  But the La Scala dates have been on the books for a long time, and in a community that already has difficulty keeping a classical company in residence, this just seems like very poor planning.

If you can massage your schedule, though, I'd really love to hear from someone what the Michelle Dorrance piece (on the Friday program) is like -- Dorrance knocked our socks off in Seattle last year with her Blues Project.  And Bill Irwin on Saturday -- I wish I could see that as well!

Many of the dancers are scheduled for the Vail International Dance Festival July 29-August 12, including Dorrance (who is artist-in-residence):

http://www.vvf.org/arts/vail-international-dance-festival

http://www.vvf.org/arts/vail-international-dance-festival/performing-artists.aspx

I also had a decision to make as to what I would see, given the overlap, and settled on BalletNow on Friday night, and then three Giselles, so I can see the La Scala cast principals in the matinee and Marinela Nunez twice (Saturday evening and Sunday matinee).  I have never seen Nunez live and don't want any regrets if she is as beautiful as I hear.  I am rarely enthusiastic about hodgepodge programs with an assortment of pas de deux and divertissements, but I am looking forward to seeing the amazing Tiler Peck on stage, as well as some of the other dancers - Gomes, Cuthbertson, Delgado.   

The BalletNow casting and program list has been up since at least May 26, 2017, with Robert Fairchild's name included until recently.