This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Bolshoi's The Golden Age (2016) DVD & Blu-ray

Yuri Grigorovich's The Golden Age, filmed at the Bolshoi in October 2016, is being released on DVD and Blu-ray by Bel Air Classiques. The North American release date is July 7, 2017.

Rita: Nina Kaptsova
Boris: Ruslan Skvortsov
Yashka: Mikhail Lobukhin
Lyuska: Ekaterina Krysanova
Compere: Vyacheslav Lopatin

https://belairclassiques.com/film/shostakovich-golden-age-bolshoi-ballet-dvd-blu-ray?lang=en

This is not to be confused with a Russian television documentary titled Yuri Grigorovich: The Golden Age, released on the same label.

Edited by volcanohunter
broken link

Just FYI, at this point in time I've only been able to order this in-stock through Amazon France (amazon.fr); toss in ASIN code B071S6RKTC to pull it up. My Amazon US pre-order was canceled due to "unavailability" and it looks like Bel Air doesn't ship to the US from their site.

The Blu-ray disk is back-ordered on Amazon, but the DVD is in stock, and both fomats are in stock on Canadian Amazon (where I got mine), as they are on British Amazon, although the latter would be a more expensive option.

Unfortunately, I've known Amazon.com to cancel pre-orders or mysteriously change product numbers once an item is actually in stock, presumably so as not to honor the "pre-order price guarantee." Shame on them.

Edited by volcanohunter