This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Devon Teuscher

abatt

Very nice feature, though the video where she is dancing (on pointe) and even leaping on concrete--beautifully of course--made me sort of anxious. That can't be good for you....

I will miss her Swan Lake this year, but hope to see it one day.

Edited by Drew

Well I enjoyed reading this profile but frankly I wish the NYTimes didn't so radically scale back its arts coverage. These soft focus pieces to me belong in Dance Magazine or another glossy magazine. I can't help but notice that as these pieces accumulate, the number of actual reviews diminishes.

9 hours ago, canbelto said:

Well I enjoyed reading this profile but frankly I wish the NYTimes didn't so radically scale back its arts coverage. These soft focus pieces to me belong in Dance Magazine or another glossy magazine. I can't help but notice that as these pieces accumulate, the number of actual reviews diminishes.

Yes. There have been almost no reviews this season. This is after they had actually increased them the last few...

13 hours ago, canbelto said:

We had a discussion about the Times' changing focus in coverage in the long Macaulay thread, here. Long profiles of individual dancers did appear before the recent trend and I'm not sure I'd put this piece in the same category as those little Q&As where the dancers talk about eating plenty of yogurt or whatever. If you want to see more reviews, make sure you click on every one of them and if you are a subscriber, write and tell the Times you want to see more of them. If you're not a subscriber, tell them you'll take out a subscription, but it won't last long if they keep running the fluffy stuff and lots of photos in place of good criticism and serious coverage.