This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Hello !

Fari

Hi ! I'm a dancer and teacher student from Argentina. I've come across your forums a few times, but never felt like signing up. Finally I'm needing to ask for something so I guessed I should sign up. After I am able to post to the right place hahaha. I'm 26, almost 27, years old, I've been dancing since I was 18, started ballet at 22, and couldn't stop. I love to consider myself a future researcher and historian of ballet, as well as a balletoman. I've read close to 10-15 books, watched lots of videos, taken lots and lots of ballet classes from my country, besides being on a dance teacher career on the second year of four. Of course, I'm still a starter, but ballet has been most of my time since that day of my first class. So that's it !

On 2017-5-22 at 2:45 AM, Jayne said:

Welcome!  I spent about 4 months in Argentina in 2010 and loved it.  Sadly I couldn't see the ballet at Teatro Colon BsAs due to a theatre worker strike.  Perhaps another time.  

Well yeah, Teatro Colon has its issues between the company's dancers and their directors. Sad but true. Even the school is somewhat poor in teaching quality, most students look for others teachers, or go to other companies or even countries. Not the brightest situation here in Argentina for ballet.

In that particular case, I think it was the ushers and other building workers who felt they were not paid properly during the 3 year renovation of the theatre.  

I really wanted to see the completed renovation because it is considered one of the most beautiful in the world.  Perhaps I can visit again in the future. 

Paloma Herrera is well-regarded, and if she can manage the company well, perhaps the problems with politics, unions and fundraising will improve.  Everyone wants to be associated with a successful organization. 

Edited by Jayne