This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Promotions at PAB

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/arts/At-PA-Ballet-5-dancers-get-promotions-.html

So, Corella did exactly what he was rumored to be doing.  Getting rid of Murawski so he could promote Torriente.  It seems like a slimeball move to me.  No offense to Torriente, who I think is a beautiful dancer and is certainly worthy of a principal position.

I am quite happy to see the Hughes promotion.  She has stood out for many years and it's nice to see her get noticed.

Congratulations to Daysei Torriente!  So well deserved!  Daysei is an excellent Principal dancer.....very exciting technically and beautiful....and she is not as tall as Murawski. 

Arian and Sterling took turns partnering Daysei and also Mayara in the big pas de deuxs (Black Swan and Tchai Pas) closing the season last weekend.  I'd like to see Mayara cast with her own excellent, regular partner....someone who isn't also partnering Daysei.  Etienne is lately cast in the more character-ish roles.... not Principal, Prince types.

I'll be very interested to see how this all plays out next season with full-length Swan Lake, Sleeping Beauty, Jewels, Paquita, and Theme and Variations.  Seems like a lot of difficult work for Arian and Sterling as the primary Principal men.

Edited by sz
spacing