This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Wondering about A.S.Scheller

I noticed that Ana Sophia Scheller hasn't been dancing during the whole Spring Season. According to the website, she's still a principal dancer in the company. I don't think she's injured since she will be dancing with Andrei Vassiliev and Erica Cornejo next June at Skirball Theater for the Performing Arts in NYC. Seems unusual to me, but I may be wrong, so I'd love to know what you think about this or whether there's a reason for this.

I'm sure they'll do a farewell tribute to her after her last performance on the 10th. (Well, maybe since she's not retiring it'll be a more subdued spectacle.) I always liked her dancing though I haven't seen her in years. Wonder what prompted her move? 

I don't think that there'll be any on-stage speech or tribute.  We audience members in-the-know will cheer extra loudly during FOUR Ts bows & curtain calls. Happy that I had long-ago planned to attend on Saturday.

Scheller is a lovely dancer...yet another example of the greatness of Argentines in ballet! Even though she's joining San Fco Ballet, I hope that she might be invited by Paloma Herrera to guest-star at the Colon-Buenos Aires, where the height of the ballet season coincides with the off-time in the USA.

NYC saw Scheller too little before injury took her offstage:  she was always technically solid, but had begun to show real musicality and intelligence once she gained confidence as a principal.  I'm glad she's continuing to dance as well.