This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

LA Music Center Dance Series 2017 - 2018

A SEASON THAT MOVES BEYOND!

"Welcome to the 15th season of our incredible dance series. Our new season goes far beyond the expected, expanding the limits of dance and even the places we will take it! Celebrate your passion for dance by becoming a part of the Glorya Kaufman Presents Dance at The Music Center family for this incredible season. As a full subscriber, you’ll enjoy access to the best seats at the best prices, free exchanges, special offers at local restaurants and much more!

For a full list of all the great perks that come with your full subscription, click here.

We look forward to seeing you at all our performances next season!"

https://www.musiccenter.org/about/Our-Programs/Glorya-Kaufman-Dance/1718-season/

MATTHEW BOURNE’S THE RED SHOES 
Co-presentation with Center Theatre Group

The Music Center’s Ahmanson Theatre |
September 15, 2017 – October 1, 2017

UNTIL THE LIONS Presented by The Music Center On Location    

The Culver Studios, Culver City, CA |
Live Musicians | Performed by Akram Khan Company |
October 18  – 21, 2017

GEORGE BALANCHINE’S THE NUTCRACKER®

The Music Center’s Dorothy Chandler Pavilion |
Live Orchestra | Performed by Miami City Ballet |
December 7- 10, 2017

ROMEO & JULIET

The Music Center’s Dorothy Chandler Pavilion |
Live Orchestra | Performed by The Joffrey Ballet |
March 9 – 17, 2018

COMPLEXIONS CONTEMPORARY BALLET

The Music Center’s Dorothy Chandler Pavilion |
April 20 – 22, 2018

LA BAYADÈRE

The Music Center’s Dorothy Chandler Pavilion |Live Orchestra Performed by American Ballet Theatre |  July 13 – 15, 2018

4 hours ago, California said:

Pleased to see ABT's Bayadere in 2018. Presumably will also be at the Met that spring.

Oh I hope you're right! As long as it doesn't mean a return to lots of guest stars.

3 hours ago, ABT Fan said:

Oh I hope you're right! As long as it doesn't mean a return to lots of guest stars.

I would dislike a return to lots of guest stars--but I can think of one or two I wouldn't mind. 

Edited by Drew

Dammit, why can't La Bayadere be at Segerstrom? :angry2: I don't have the energy to drive up for multiple casts in LA!!  Thankfully it's in the summer which is more doable for work. May consider getting a subscription for the first time in a few years.

Also wondering why I didn't get an email announcing this? Odd--I get emails asking for money all the time from them so they clearly known who I am!

10 hours ago, ksk04 said:

Dammit, why can't La Bayadere be at Segerstrom? 

Speaking of Segerstrom, they have announced the 2017-18 season for several art forms - but not dance. Am I missing something?

I am guessing and hoping that Segerstrom will continue its tradition of premiering major ABT productions ahead of the Met season. Hence, OC-Segerstrom may be waiting to hear from ABT on its plans?

It's a really late announcement--usually it comes at the end of Feb/early March but then again, so the Music Center's announcement. So maybe some companies have been slow in negotiations. I might be surprised if SCFTA gets an ABT-run beyond the Nutcracker if they are also going to LA with La Bayadere. But, maybe with the opening of the ballet school they will change past pattern.

I'm guessing that ABT at Segerstrom will be an every other year thing, with the exception of Nutcracker. We got the premiere of Sleeping Beauty, then a gap year, then Whipped Cream. I hope that isn't the case.