This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

2017-18 Autumn/Winter Season Announced

ENB have announced the Autumn/Winter season today.  This is the content of the email I received:

Our 2017-18 Autumn/Winter season is revealed

We're delighted to announce our new Autumn/Winter 2017-18 season. Highlights include:

• English National Ballet performs Sir Kenneth MacMillan's Song of the Earth and Frank Anderson's La Sylphide both for the first timewith performances on tour and at the London Coliseum.
  • Roland Petit's Le Jeune Homme et la Mort returns with performances at the London Coliseum.
  • The acclaimed Akram Khan's Giselle returns to Sadler's Wells in London and tours to Liverpool for the first time.
  • Rudolf Nureyev's Romeo & Juliet makes a return to Bristol in its 40th anniversary year.
  • The festive family favourite Nutcracker sees performances in Southampton and at the London Coliseum.

Booking opens to our Friends this Friday 10 March at 10am, with general booking opening from 10am on Monday 13 March. 

I'm very excited that Akram Khan's Giselle is being performed in Liverpool and Song of the Earth/La Sylphide in Manchester.  I feel a ticket buying binge will be starting very soon...

The extra week this coming September at Sadler's Wells, which was announced ages ago, is apparently already sold out.

Sadly I can't see that happening in the barn known as the Liverpool Empire but I expect the hoteliers will be rubbing their hands with glee as I am sure people who can't get tickets to the Wells will be travelling to Liverpool!

ENB just announced some additions to their schedule: https://www.ballet.org.uk/whats-on/

Most notably, they're doing Manon in London in January 2019. Interesting choice, given that Royal is doing it this year in April and May. Aaron Robison did this ballet at Houston a couple of years ago, so that might have helped a tad in deciding to program this.

Also, Derek Deane's Swan Lake at the Coliseum.

2 hours ago, California said:

ENB just announced some additions to their schedule: https://www.ballet.org.uk/whats-on/

Most notably, they're doing Manon in London in January 2019. Interesting choice, given that Royal is doing it this year in April and May. Aaron Robison did this ballet at Houston a couple of years ago, so that might have helped a tad in deciding to program this.

Also, Derek Deane's Swan Lake at the Coliseum.

They are in the 2018/19 season.