This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Hamburg Ballet

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Terry

Terry

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 March 2002 - 06:20 AM

I just wanted to post a thread on the HAMBURG BALLET, headed by John Neumeier because it is a leading neo-classical company in Germany. They will be performing NIJINSKY, last year's world premiere by Neumeier at the Opera Garnier in Paris during January, 2003. Here is a link to their website: www.hamburgballett.de

Also, for more information about their season in Paris, go to the Paris Opera Webiste: www.opera-de-paris.fr

#2 Paul Parish

Paul Parish

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 30 March 2002 - 06:26 PM

THanks for starting htis thread, Terry..

Ballet lovers in SanFrancisco will be especially interested to read anything baout Elizabeth Loscavio, now ballerina with Hamburg, who was the most interesting dancer -- the most imaginative, most musical, wittiest, most accurate, but also the most daring classical dancer we had. How's she doing over there?

#3 Terry

Terry

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 03 April 2002 - 11:39 AM

Elizabeth has been doing fairly well in general, I think. She's tackled pretty much a lot of the roles that require strong technique; in fact, she will be dancing the principal role (Princess Natalia) in the DVD: "Illusions -- like Swan Lake" which will be out very soon. (check their website for more information.) She's also been dancing Neumeier's new version of "Giselle," a production which I haven't heard too many great things about. Last time I saw her live, she danced Princess Natalia in "Illusions -- like Swan Lake," and she didn't do very much for me, quite frankly. I don't think the classics suit her very much. But I saw her again, as Prudence Duvernoy in "La Dame aux Camelias," and I think she captured the role better this time. Elizabeth seems to be a versatile dancer, which seems to be the type of dancers that the SFB nurtures.

#4 Terry

Terry

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 April 2002 - 01:18 AM

Information about their new season can be found on their website. Next season looks like a lot of touring: to Opera Garnier, Paris in January, an Asian Tour in Feb/March, as well as performances at the Mariinsky Theater in July. Natalia Makarova will also be helping with her production of La Bayadere.

#5 Guest_Klaus_*

Guest_Klaus_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 27 October 2003 - 05:49 AM

I have seen "Wie es Euch gefällt" in Hamburg this year and i really liked it. I'm afraid my english is not good enough for a longer report, but if you live in Hamburg or if you're visiting Hamburg, go and see it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):