This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Dame Monica Mason in conversation with Dr Jane Pritchard

Dr Jane Pritchard will be in conversation with Monica Mason in the February lecture of the Society for Theatre Research lecture series. It's on 7th February, 2017 19:30 at the Swedenbourg Hall in Bloomsbury (just off Bloomsbury Way. (Nearest Tubes are Holborn or Russell Square). They'll be discussing Dame Monica's long career, culminating in her directorship of the Royal Ballet. Many of you will know Jane from her marvellous curation of the V&A Ballet Russes exhibition - she's an ideal expert to draw out the best from Dame Monica. 

The event is free, open to members & non-members - and they're generally a pretty friendly bunch (although I won't be there - it's too far from home on a week night when I have to teach). If you can't be there in person, the STR organises a livestream of each lecture on YouTube. For those of you not in the UK, the talk is probably around 14:30 East Coast time. I think there's an archived set of live stream talks on the STR YouTube channel.

There's usually a relaxed atmosphere and the chance to meet the speaker informally over coffee and biscuits afterwards. It's always a good night - the STR brings together a broad range of performance experts and enthusiasts.

Full details here on the STR's website:

http://www.str.org.u...ures/index.html