This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Ryan Gosling and Justin Timberlake both look like matinee idols from the 1930s. Funny that these ex-Mickey Mouse club actors grew up to be these handsome stars.

Jeff Bridges has aged extremely well.

Casey Affleck needed to cut the hair.

Edited by miliosr
17 hours ago, miliosr said:

Are we all watching?

Natalie Portman looked a lot like Lee Radziwill on the red carpet (and not young Lee, either.) I didn't spot Millepied. It's unlike him not to elbow his way into view of the camera! :wink:

I thought the same, although the hairdo was very much late 60s Jackie and probably consciously so.

One of the odd things about casting Portman as Jackie is that in size and appearance she's a lot closer to little sister. It's rather distracting. I haven't seen the movie and have no plans to do so, but in the ads Portman looks like Lee dressed up in one of her sister's suits.

Millepied stood with his wife for a few shots and then bowed out graciously to the side. Portman smiled at him sweetly. Nice moment.

6 hours ago, dirac said:

I thought the same, although the hairdo was very much late 60s Jackie and probably consciously so.

One of the odd things about casting Portman as Jackie is that in size and appearance she's a lot closer to little sister. It's rather distracting. I haven't seen the movie and have no plans to do so, but in the ads Portman looks like Lee dressed up in one of her sister's suits.

Millepied stood with his wife for a few shots and then bowed out graciously to the side. Portman smiled at him sweetly. Nice moment.

My partner saw the film over the holidays, and said it was a very realistic evocation of that time.  And he liked the costumes.

On 1/8/2017 at 4:40 PM, miliosr said:

Ryan Gosling and Justin Timberlake both look like matinee idols from the 1930s. Funny that these ex-Mickey Mouse club actors grew up to be these handsome stars.

Jeff Bridges has aged extremely well.

Casey Affleck needed to cut the hair.

Affleck looked like a street person who got his clothes at the Rodeo Drive Homeless. Bridges makes the younger men look like weenies. Really, he could eat Timberlake and Redmayne, and he'd make short work of Gosling as well.

1 hour ago, dirac said:

Affleck looked like a street person who got his clothes at the Rodeo Drive Homeless. Bridges makes the younger men look like weenies. Really, he could eat Timberlake and Redmayne, and he'd make short work of Gosling as well.

Heard Bridges interviewed on Fresh Air this evening -- very articulate about his profession, and very warm about his brother and his parents.

BEST DRESSED.

Amy Adams in Tom Ford

Image result for golden globes amy adams

Blake Lively in Atelier Versace

Image result for blake lively golden globes

Evan Rachel Wood in Altuzarra.

Evan Rachel Wood arrives to the 74th Annual Golden Globe Awards held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on January 8, 2017.

Reese Whiterspoon in Atelier Versace

Image result for reese witherspoon golden globes 2017

SPECIAL MENTION TO A GOOD RISQUE TRYOUT!!!

Janelle Monae in Armani Prive

Image result for janelle monae golden globes 2017

WORST DRESSED

Sophie Turner in Luis Vuitton

sophie-1483967107.jpg?crop=1xw:1xh;cente

Sarah Jessica Parker in Vera Wang's bridal dress.

Image result for sarah jessica parker golden globes 2017

Felicity Jones in Gucci

Worst: Felicity Jones

Octavia Spencer in Laura Boschi

Octavia Spencer attends the 74th Annual Golden Globe Awards at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on January 8, 2017 in Beverly Hills, California.

Edited by cubanmiamiboy
18 hours ago, dirac said:

On Fashion Police last night, Melissa Rivers said Portman was channeling Jackie. But I don't think so. However inadvertently, Portman looked exactly like Lee Radziwill.

Fashion Police has really gone downhill. When the panelists aren't screaming over one another, they're being vulgar (and not funny-vulgar like Joan Rivers used to be.) They need to lose Nene and Margaret and cut the size of the panel back to 4 (Melissa, Giuliana, Brad and a rotating panelist.) (I will say, though, that Nene was funny making fun of the strange sleeves Nicole Kidman was sporting.)

You and Rivers are both right, although as you said earlier it wasn't Radziwill on a very good day.

I liked Sophie Turner's frock. She took a chance and I think it worked out for her. I like to see the actors take that kind of chance, which they rarely do these days because they're running scared of the Fashion Police types.

22 hours ago, miliosr said:

Oh my, I did enjoy the opening sentences.

"To be fair to Casey Affleck, he is not the biggest schlump in show business. Adam Sandler takes that prize."

and then

"And he has become, for now, a regular presence in the press and on television, the thinking person’s Bill and Ted."

Still giggling.

Edited by sandik