This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Le Parc : A Shelter In A Time Of Storm

Through this shouting match that surrounds me, I hasten to find refuge and manage to do so in a 1999 Le Parc video featuring Laurent Hilaire and the beautiful Elisabeth Maurin. And O for the glorious music that so elegantly underpins this treatise on intimacy: Mozart, Piano Concerto #23 (K488) 2nd movement. How utterly antithetical to the spirit of this age.

Is it Elisabeth Maurin or Isabelle Guerin?  I ask because Guerin created the lead with Hilaire and I absolutely love the video of the last pas de deux with Guerin and Hilaire, and did not know that it was filmed with Maurin, who was an exceptional ballerina. 

Judith Booth posted the video to which I make reference. She has some ability to ferret out some of the significantly older videos and post them. But after having viewed the Isabelle Guerin, Laurent Hilaire pairing, I share your enthusiasm, as well ! I have never experienced this live: I can only imagine myself transfixed at such an opportunity. This Le Parc ! This supreme articulation of intimacy and repose lovingly caressed by a Mozart blissfully emanating from the other side of the the veil. 

Edited by altongrimes
grammar