This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Zizi Jeanmarie mannequin

The Seattle Art Museum is hosting an exhibit of clothing and designs by Yves Saint Laurent.  I only got there today, but was lucky to be accompanied by my sister, who is a seamstress and keeps her eye open for detail.  On an earlier visit, she realized that one of the dress forms in the exhibit (in a section illustrating the process where a drawing becomes a dress) had Jeanmarie's name on it -- I need to do a little homework, but YSL must have designed either costumes or personal wardrobe for her.

A small, dancey treat in the middle of a gorgeous exhibit.

If YSL hadn't designed for his own silhouette and that if many dancers, I'd be on the news for attempted grand larceny.  Want, want, want...

However, my forehead would be bleeding from bashing it against the walls, if they wouldn't have evicted me for bashing it against the walls, from this on the intro wall:

"The 1960's signalled the moment when society moved out of a post-war mentality and crossed the threshold into modernity."