This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Death seems to be on a rampage as 2016 comes to a close.  Actress Carrie Fisher, the daughter of actress Debbie Reynolds has

just passed away.  Earlier this week, it seemed she might improve from a heart scare en route from Europe

back to the U.S.  Of course, she will always be remembered as Princess Leia in the original "Star Wars" films.

Carrie, RIP :crying:

Edited by Cygnet

I had read that it took the paramedics 15 minutes to get a pulse, so I did fear the worst.

Truth to tell, Fisher was amateurish in the original Star Wars, but her acting did improve over time. She was more talented with her pen, with a wonderfully wry wit. She was much in demand as a script doctor in addition to the work that appeared under her name.

So long Carrie, you will be missed.

Pretty much everyone was amateurish in the original Star Wars, but that is very much part of its charm, and actually makes the premise more, not less, believable. The characters feel like actual people and not "roles".

Edited by pherank

To each his own, I guess,pherank. As I remember, the robots were more human than the human beings. :)  Harrison Ford was definitely a pro by that time and easily the best of the three leads IMO.

But then I've never been a big fan of the Star Wars series.   However, the original SW did perform a gratifying service for one of my favorite actors, Alec Guinness, whose small percentage of the gross was sufficient to ensure that for the remainder of his life he never had to take any job he didn't want to take.