This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

She appeared in more than 60 films, *notably "Gigi" with former ballerina Leslie Caron, was noted for her nine marriages; and was once, one of the most

glamorous women in old Hollywood.  She was one of the pioneers of "famous for being famous," and she did it in an era without

social media or reality TV.  The last of the Gabor sisters, Zsa Zsa has passed away at the age of 99.  

http://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-zsa-zsa-gabor-20161218-story.html

"I'm a great housekeeper dahlink:  Whenever I leave a man, I always keep his house."   RIP Zsa Zsa. 

Edited by Cygnet
Correction: Josette stated below that it was her sister Eva in the film "Gigi."

Part of the celebrity status is that they exemplify a specific image of success for their period.  I think that Gabor is a fascinating example of what we thought a woman could/should be in her period.  It's a version that feels dated today -- in a few more years it will seem more like an historical example.

It was Eva Gabor who was delightful in a featured role as a high-status courtesan in "Gigi." Zsa Zsa had a featured and memorable role in "Moulin Rouge," a very good film with Jose Ferrer as Toulouse-Lautrec, as well as in "Lili," which starred Leslie Caron, and Zsa Zsa was fine in both due to her distinctive personality.

RIP, Zsa Zsa.