This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Sascha Radetsky in Hallmark Channel Movie

I watched it once and don't think I could stomach sitting through it again, the story was so saccharine and predictable. Radetsky did a little dancing, but not enough to make it worthwhile. Coincidentally, Amazon Prime just added the first season of Flesh and Bones to its free collection. The first episode of that was so Black-Swan-icky I don't think I could watch any more of that either. Fortunately, I had White Nights on my DVR and watched that for the umpteenth to remember what a dance movie could be like - some actual dancing worth seeing!

I watched it only because the costumes and set were rented from Ballet West, and got a quick reminder of why I never watch the Hallmark Channel. My daughter and I laughed so hard predicting all the cheesy lines in the movie that hubby came into the room asking what comedy we were watching. We also found that Radetsky's acting skills have not evolved any since "Center Stage." The actress playing the young dancer was pretty decent.

I don't get the Hallmark channel so couldn't watch this. It was up on YouTube for maybe half a minute before they took it down. There are websites that you can sign up for a month's free trial that claim to show it, but I don't want to sign up for them. Is there any other way to see the movie? I think Sascha is adorable and probably could stomach the cliches just to see his sweet face.

I watched it and it was horrible. 

Besides the bad cheesy dialogue, the dance scenes with Amy Acker were horrendous.  It's a shame they couldn't have gotten someone who could actually dance.  I don't know if she has any dance training, but her SPF solo in the beginning was painful looking.  Sophia Lucia and Radetsky's dance scenes (though few and far between) were nice though.  But seeing them wasn't worth the rest of the movie.

19 hours ago, Kaysta said:

I watched it and it was horrible. 

Besides the bad cheesy dialogue, the dance scenes with Amy Acker were horrendous.  It's a shame they couldn't have gotten someone who could actually dance.  I don't know if she has any dance training, but her SPF solo in the beginning was painful looking.  Sophia Lucia and Radetsky's dance scenes (though few and far between) were nice though.  But seeing them wasn't worth the rest of the movie.

Thanks, Kaysta. I won't give it another thought. (But if anyone knows....)   : )

The movie is definitely available on youtube.  With one quick search I found at least two separate postings of the entire film.  A link to one of them is below.  Unfortunately, I found it difficult to watch and had to turn it off after about 15 minutes.  I imagine Sascha Radetsky fans would find it of greater interest.

Thanks, Laurel! I am a Sascha Radetsky fan, especially after attending a Spotlight Seminar in which he talked about his career in ballet as well as his writing. And I'm a fan of Stella as well (which has nothing to do with this movie, but still....) This will be great to watch during tomorrow's winter weather advisory. Again, thanks so much!

16 hours ago, laurel said:

The movie is definitely available on youtube.  With one quick search I found at least two separate postings of the entire film.  A link to one of them is below.  Unfortunately, I found it difficult to watch and had to turn it off after about 15 minutes.  I imagine Sascha Radetsky fans would find it of greater interest.

As a fan of Sascha Radetsky, I lasted all of 30 minutes, but I'm bailing now. Thanks again for the link, laurel!