This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

New Associate Artistic Director

I also thought it was interesting mom2. Im surprised not more people are talking about it as when there have been leadership shifts in other company's i follow it has always been a topic of interest. 

I think you are probably right that it is merely carving out more opportunity and or clarity for present people and their roles are in the company.

Plus from their website it appears they already have five ballet masters. For a company this size and who performs so little I can't image why they need so many. I would be shocked if they felt a need to add even more and make it six even if there role is assistant AD because it reads like the role is also ballet master. Another addition would suggest someone isn't doing their job. Or maybe they just really really need a ton of people to get ballets on stage here lol.

Edit: I have just been corrected that there are already actually 6 ballet master's as there is one "assistant ballet mistress" Lorna Geddes a longtime member of the company as well. So an additional one and or assistant AD would bring the total to seven. And that doesn't include a director. ?

Edited by JumpFrog

This is such exciting news! Well spotted mom2. I also agree with sandik that this is both great for him and great for the company. He was a wonderful dancer and is a very gifted choreographer. I particularly love all he did in Portland. I think he will be a formidable leader for this company. 

Edited by JumpFrog