This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Nutcracker trends 2016

It's the beginning of November, which means that a significant percentage of us here will be seeing at least one Nutcracker in the next 60 days.  I've been thinking about the place that Nut holds in the history of the art form, as well as the current state of affairs -- the gods know it's probably the most widely seen ballets (in multiple versions) in our world, which makes it a major influence on the general perception of ballet.  The individual company forums will almost all have a Nut discussion about specific productions, but I'd like to start a more general conversation here. 

My first question -- I know that there are Nuts turning over all the time, especially in smaller companies and studio-based ensembles, but there have been some large scale changes lately (PNB changed out their production last year, Houston and Joffrey are switching this year) -- who else is changing or contemplating a change, and what does that mean for those companies and communities?