This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT 2017 Spring Season at The Met

On 6/25/2017 at 7:23 PM, nanushka said:

Are we sure this means retiring? Unlike with Part, I don't see anything specific here. I didn't think Whalen was on the older end of the spectrum?

Yeah, I saw a few pics on Jennifer's IG feed as well. I think #retirement confirms it. :)

I can't recall any other Met season that for me was filled with so many highs and lows, but that is how life usually works. Although, I'm not happy that management let Part go and the way in which they handled it, they also took several chances on soloists and corps dancers giving us some exciting and astonishing debuts (I hit a personal record of the number of performances I attended, with two tickets bought in a matter of minutes once the casting changed!). Maybe they didn't have a choice with some of the last minute substitutions, but there were many planned well in advance so for that I'm grateful. I'm over the moon with all four of the promotions that were hard earned and so deserved and I extend my congratulations to all of them again. I cannot wait to see them tackle new roles in the upcoming season. I wish Part all the best and I will miss her elegance and nobility. Without management there would be no company but without the dancers there would be no artistry. So I thank all of the dancers for giving me 8 weeks of incredible beauty.