This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

40th Anniversary Show

I'm travelling and don't have my program with me, but I thought that I'd toss out a few comments about the WB's 40th anniversary show (which I managed to get to despite the best efforts of DC-area drivers - I had to take a detour from a detour because 2 major roads were completely shut down by accidents).

The show was divided into 3 parts, which seemed to be intended to represent the early years, the recent years, and, presumably, the future. The first part was a performance of Fives, which was choreographed for the WB by the first choreographer that Mary Day brought to DC, Choo San Goh. The second part was a performance of Juanita y Alicia, which was the first work that Septime Webre choreographed for the WB. The third part consisted of 3 famous pas deux (the "Black Swan" pas de deux from Swan Lake - EunWon Lee and Rolando Sarabia, something from The Nutcracker - Venus Villa and Jonathan Jordan, and something from Don Quixote - Maki Onuki and Brooklyn Mack) followed by the final portion of Theme and Variations. EunWon Lee impressed me the most.