This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Hello from Denmark!

KNA

Hello everyone! I'm a 30-year old psychologist from Denmark who's developed an enthusiastic interest in ballet ever since my girlfriend, Simone, started following the Royal Danish Ballet (she has a profile in here, too). I've been reading along on the forums for quite some time now and thought I'd like to join in more fully. 

Originally, I'm a classically trained pianist though I haven't played competitions or in concerts for many years. When I first saw a full-length ballet live, I had no idea what to look for or how to understand the story properly - I still remember feeling somewhat befuddled as to what was going on. I saw Neumeier's "A Midsummer Night's Dream" and while I absolutely adore his ballets now, at the time it really didn't make much sense to me. I'm thrilled at how much clearer the stories and movements of ballets have become for me since then, generally speaking. I'm a novice but a happy one! My favourite ballets so far are La Sylphide (I especially adore Hübbes new version with all my heart) and The Lady of the Camellias. I also really love Balanchine's Theme and Variations, it's taken my breath away every time I've seen it. 

Favourite dancers from RDB is... a really hard question because I basically love everyone and think they're all incredible. I always care about which casts I get to see (and have written in my evaluation for the theatre that I'd like them listed sooner, please, pretty pretty please) but not necessarily because I want to pick and choose - mostly, I'm just excited to know who I'll be watching! I have a special fondness for Susanne Grinder, though, her stage presence blows me away. 

For this ballet season, I've bought a subscription for the Royal Danish Theatre (my second year in a row!). We're very poor already, haha - but very excited for everything we'll be seeing over the next many months! 

Can't wait to interact with you all and share experiences! :)