This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Which Florimunds have you seen?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 12 November 2001 - 11:46 AM

Technical advice for poster in need of "alt" characters: Press the "alt" key and use the following number codes on your numeric keypad to get the various "alt" characters.

alt 130 = é

alt 138 = è

alt 133 = à

alt 131 = â

alt 136 = ê

There are many others, but those, I think will get you started - experiment a bit. You'll find the rest. If your keyboard doesn't have a numeric keypad, then check the owner's manual for how to cause alt characters. smile.gif

[ November 12, 2001: Message edited by: Mel Johnson ]

#17 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,487 posts

Posted 12 November 2001 - 12:48 PM

taking Mel Johnson's advice w/ eagerness, and gratitude, i keyboard for the first time out of my normal word program: the name of THE SLEEPING BEAUTY's fair prince, Désiré. voila! quelle magique! keystrokes that now seem to be blessed by the wand of the beneficent lilac fairy.
p.s great Florimunds/Désirés (seen live) in my view include:
Anthony Dowell, Vyacheslav Gordeyev, Vladilen Semenov, Alexei Fadeyechev, and Patrick Bissell, (probably forgetting one or two more).

[ November 12, 2001: Message edited by: rg ]

#18 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,287 posts

Posted 12 November 2001 - 01:48 PM

Oh, Patrick Bissell! Thank you, RG. I'm chagrined to have forgotten him. I remember one Friends of ABT rehearsal I attended of the Vision Scene at the Kennedy Center where Bissell -- I think yet to make his debut in the role, and about 20 -- was very patiently explaining to the corps, "You're supposed to keep me from getting her." He had everything for the role, to me -- the presence, the height and proportions, the grandeur, and, probably most importantly, the sense of being a real person (Prince) on stage -- filling the role.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):