This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Which Florimunds have you seen?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 12 November 2001 - 11:46 AM

Technical advice for poster in need of "alt" characters: Press the "alt" key and use the following number codes on your numeric keypad to get the various "alt" characters.

alt 130 = é

alt 138 = è

alt 133 = à

alt 131 = â

alt 136 = ê

There are many others, but those, I think will get you started - experiment a bit. You'll find the rest. If your keyboard doesn't have a numeric keypad, then check the owner's manual for how to cause alt characters. smile.gif

[ November 12, 2001: Message edited by: Mel Johnson ]

#17 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 12 November 2001 - 12:48 PM

taking Mel Johnson's advice w/ eagerness, and gratitude, i keyboard for the first time out of my normal word program: the name of THE SLEEPING BEAUTY's fair prince, Désiré. voila! quelle magique! keystrokes that now seem to be blessed by the wand of the beneficent lilac fairy.
p.s great Florimunds/Désirés (seen live) in my view include:
Anthony Dowell, Vyacheslav Gordeyev, Vladilen Semenov, Alexei Fadeyechev, and Patrick Bissell, (probably forgetting one or two more).

[ November 12, 2001: Message edited by: rg ]

#18 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,258 posts

Posted 12 November 2001 - 01:48 PM

Oh, Patrick Bissell! Thank you, RG. I'm chagrined to have forgotten him. I remember one Friends of ABT rehearsal I attended of the Vision Scene at the Kennedy Center where Bissell -- I think yet to make his debut in the role, and about 20 -- was very patiently explaining to the corps, "You're supposed to keep me from getting her." He had everything for the role, to me -- the presence, the height and proportions, the grandeur, and, probably most importantly, the sense of being a real person (Prince) on stage -- filling the role.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):