This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Melanie Hamrick and Mick Jagger are Expecting

On July 21, 2016 at 7:31 PM, dirac said:

There’s also the possibility that she could return to dancing post-pregnancy, even if not at ABT.

Indeed, she posted a photo of herself on Instagram today with the caption, "Keeping up with my leg and feet exercises for when I get back to work!!"

A support deal has been worked out, it seems.

According to the Toronto Sun, Jagger will be paying Hamrick an estimated $15,000 a month until the child turns 18. The total amount will figure in at approximately $3.3 million. It is also reported by the Daily Mirror that Hamrick will have a house bought for her in New York City.

Related.

Friends of the rocker say he has mixed emotions about the pregnancy. “He hasn’t responded to people sending him congratulations,’’ confides one pal. “Family is extremely important to him, and he is unhappy at the thought that when he should be teaching his kid to play catch, he’ll be 80 years old.’’

I would love to see her work with an acting coach to learn how to loosen up her head and face. I think that her Swan Lake variation would have been much different had she opened up her face. Certain dancers, like Sarah Mearns over at NYCB, can get away with not expressing much emotion and it makes them appear reflective and soulful, but others can't. Hamrick falls into that latter category, I think, with a strongish looking face  and jaw (from the audience's perspective, I mean). Learning how to work her head and neck, through an acting coach rather than ballet coach, might make enough of a difference.