This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT Fall Season 2016- Koch Theater

I would be interested to see the official press release to see who is listed to appear for the Koch engagement.

Just posted: http://www.abt.org/insideabt/news_display.asp?News_ID=556

"Principal Dancers for the 2016 Fall Season include Stella Abrera, Isabella Boylston, Jeffrey Cirio, Misty Copeland, Marcelo Gomes, Alban Lendorf, Gillian Murphy, Veronika Part, Hee Seo, Daniil Simkin, Cory Stearns and James Whiteside."

San Francisco Ballet is performing in Los Angeles on October 21-23, 2016, in Forsythe's Pas/Parts, in which Kochetkova was cast last season, and then SFB is at Kennedy Center on October 26-30, 2016, performing Wheeldon's Cinderella, so Kochetkova is likely busy with those engagements.

The box office just opened. You need to go to the Koch site and use that account. Same one you use for NYCB. Plenty of seats to choose from and you do get to pick your own seat.

https://davidhkochtheater.com/

http://davidhkochtheater.com/Season-Tickets/16-17-Season/American-Ballet-Theatre.aspx

Pricey -- prime orchestra and first ring are $160. Ouch! But it looks like there are a lot of seats to choose from.

Frustrating that there's no hint of casting on the ABT site, but I suppose they think you're buying the ensemble for this kind of rep.

Last season they posted the Koch fall casting in late July. I'm hoping they do the same thing this year.

Many of the ballets are either new or has not been done by the company lately. They probably will wait until the rehearsals start in Sept(?).

Just got my tickets for the fall.

Quick question regarding the fall gala: Do they get through the performances pretty quickly, and then move on to the dinner, or is there a lot of talking/breaks during the performances and then the dinner.

The reason I ask is I have to work the next day and want to know how soon the performance aspect will be over, as I will not be going to the dinner/dancing part of the evening (just the performance). That night is my only opportunity to see symphonic variations.

Just got my tickets for the fall.

Quick question regarding the fall gala: Do they get through the performances pretty quickly, and then move on to the dinner, or is there a lot of talking/breaks during the performances and then the dinner.

The reason I ask is I have to work the next day and want to know how soon the performance aspect will be over, as I will not be going to the dinner/dancing part of the evening (just the performance). That night is my only opportunity to see symphonic variations.

From what I remember from the 3 fall galas I've attended is there are opening remarks, but the rest of the show continues just like a normal rep night. It's not full of speeches, video montages, and tributes like spring gala.

From what I remember from the 3 fall galas I've attended is there are opening remarks, but the rest of the show continues just like a normal rep night. It's not full of speeches, video montages, and tributes like spring gala.

Great, thank you so much!

Have to say I do like the announcement photo by Fabrizio Ferri with Teuscher & Waski, two of my favorites on one cover! A keeper for sure! :) Hope this will mean a few performances with them for my grandchild to see!

I was so disappointed with the announcement. The photo is fine, but the quality is terrible. I thought to myself, "This is public relations from a top company?" Very dull.

I was so disappointed with the announcement. The photo is fine, but the quality is terrible. I thought to myself, "This is public relations from a top company?" Very dull.

I guess to each their own since I actually thought it is a lovely composition, clean and simple. What is most beautiful to me is how both dancers are in unison, it may look easy but I am sure it is not, also it shows off the lovely phyisque of the dancers. I think the dullness comes from the quality of the printing instead of Fabrizio's wonderful photography! Again, to each their won :)

I guess to each their own since I actually thought it is a lovely composition, clean and simple. What is most beautiful to me is how both dancers are in unison, it may look easy but I am sure it is not, also it shows off the lovely phyisque of the dancers. I think the dullness comes from the quality of the printing instead of Fabrizio's wonderful photography! Again, to each their won :)

Yes, as I said, the photo is fine, but the quality is terrible.