This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Sarah Lane rehearses Aurora video clip

Two-minute clip of Sarah Lane as she rehearses Ratmansky's Sleeping Beauty Act III variation. Posted this afternoon on Facebook. Hope it's viewable.

<div id="fb-root"></div><script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script><div class="fb-video" data-allowfullscreen="1" data-href="/124434904299788/videos/vb.124434904299788/971329892943614/?type=3"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><blockquote cite="https://www.facebook.com/124434904299788/videos/971329892943614/"><ahref="https://www.facebook.com/124434904299788/videos/971329892943614/"></a><p>Rehearsing Aurora Act 3 for Alexei Ratmansky's The Sleeping Beauty.</p>Posted by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/Sarah-Lane-124434904299788/">Sarah Lane</a> on Monday, March 28, 2016</blockquote></div></div>

Thank you for this wonderful share laurel! I have always enjoyed watching Sarah :) IMO she has always shown musicality and emotions in her performances! I know others have the techniques but they lack the fluidity again IMO. Sarah has always been able to achieve the sensitive musicality while others are aggressive in handling some of the choreography. I am not claiming to be an expert but I know what I love watching and Sarah shows such control over her arms without them looking "mechanical". I just hope the powers that be see her enough to finally promote her!! :wub:

I think those of us who have been rewarded by the promotion of Stella Abrera to Principal Dancer might do well to turn our attention to advocating for the promotion of Sarah Lane. This is an exquisite rendition, and thank you, laurel, for posting it.

From former discussions of dancers, I've concluded that Sarah Lane seems to be one of those dancers who some see as amazing and others see as nothing special. I fall in the camp of thinking she is one of the finest dancers at ABT and should be a principal. However, I don't wish to re-ignite a well worn topic. This variation is very well done but, for the most part, I don't like the choreographic restorations. I do like the sissone step done with the bent leg. For the rest I prefer what evolved into the standard variation we see done by most companies.

I was particularly please to see this because I won't be buying a ticket to see ABT's SB this season (or any season I imagine). Three viewings last seasons was more than enough. I'll be interested to see how ticket sales go this season.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the Peter Martins version next year at NYCB.