This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Top Universities that offer Ballet

Linda TCB

The BalletTalk for Dancers forum has a section on colleges, which lists many schools with programs, some out-of-date in terms of info. Dance Magazine also puts out an annual college issue that lists many programs. theudancer.com is another resource that's new and growing.

To some extent it depends on what you mean by "top university" and "continuing their training." What you'll mostly find, outside the main ballet programs (Indiana, Utah, Purchase, Julliard, NCSA, Butler etc), are anecdotes. Assuming you mean US World Report-esque colleges and specifically turning out ballet dancers who danced post-college, a few anecdotes off the top of my head:

Princeton: Alexis Branagan (NY Theater Ballet); Indre Vengris Rockefeller (Suzanne Farrell Ballet); Hannah Rich (Joffrey Ballet Concert Group)

Harvard: Puanani Brown (ABT, through she left Harvard to pursue dance)

Stanford: Cora Cliburn (Post:Ballet, still at Stanford, one of Dance Magazine's 25 to Watch this year)

I'm sure there are more (especially at Columbia/Barnard) I'm just not personally familiar with them!