This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Steven McRae

Eileen

I find Steven McRae absolutely brilliant. He has incredible extensions for a male dancer, and his emotional genuineness sparks every performance. I'm also a fan of his baby, Audrey Bluebell (yes, that's her name) whom he features in his tweets. McRae is a true actor-dancer; in the Bailey's commercial a few years ago he was mesmerizing. Does anyone else care for Steven McRae? He's the one with the flaming hair and flamingly decorated leg warmers. He is always noticeable; he makes sure of it.

Eileen -- I'm also a McRae fan. Last September, when I was in London, he was scheduled for three R&Js with two different partners in the space of 7 days. I saw him that Thursday night and then saw the company class on stage the very next morning. He was as amazing in class as during a performance. He never marked anything, and actually seemed to add difficulty to the class routines (including the amazing flexibility and extensions), even after what must have been an exhausting week (unlike some principals - who shall remain nameless - who came in very late and barely participated). I hope I can see him again in the theatre - quite the presence on stage in any capacity.

How lucky you are to see three R&Js with Steven McRae, as well as company class on stage. He is amazing in company class, as I've seen on YouTube, he stretches more intensely, he gives the class everything. I know his dancing from discovery of the Royal Ballet on YouTube. I have several DVDs of Fille, Nutcracker, and his mad, manical Hatter in Alice. But happily, I do plan to see his performance in Rhapsody in simulcast in New York next month. It was the January 26 performance in London. It would be fantastic to go to London to see McRae in R&J. He brings such passion to the role. That and his sky-high extensions.