This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

PNB 2016/2017 Season

In the R&J program for the February Rep, Peter Boal announced in his Director's comments that PNB will acquire the rights to the Jean-Christophe Malliot version of "Cendrillon" for the following season (Cinderella). I think this is a good move, because the Stowell version never received good reviews for the choreography. I will miss the gorgeous costumes, though! I have seen an excerpt from the Malliot Cendrillon on the Cable Arts channel. Maybe it's on youtube? It looks intriguing. And at least one dancer (Ms. Panastico) will already know the steps.

Also, I look forward to something new (and to put R&J on the back burner for a few years. Sometimes it's good to miss something and welcome it back down the road - maybe in 5 years).

Also, I saw in one of the articles on the POB resignation for Millipied, that he is scheduled to program a work for PNB. I am hoping for his Daphneus et Chloe made for POB that received excellent reviews. Tomorrow I will try to find the link to the original article.

Funny, last night I was reading a review of R&J on TheSunbreak.com and was shocked at the end Cendrillon is mentioned. I thought it was leaked but then I finally read my program from last weekend and saw it at the end of the Director's Notes.

The new season is usually announced in February, as there is steep competition with other theater subscriptions in Seattle. PNB will post something on the website as soon as they can.

California, certainly by the time you visit in March the new season should be locked down. Will be fun to chat about it!

I actually like Stowell's Cinderella with the dance lessons with the stepsisters played by gals, and love the red ball costumes. The ending is also very simple and elegant. I hope it is not permanently replaced.

The new season is usually announced in February, as there is steep competition with other theater subscriptions in Seattle. PNB will post something on the website as soon as they can.

I'll watch for it. I have to make a couple of professional trips to Seattle during their 2016-17 season and hope I can coordinate with their programs.

Like everyone, I'm tapping my toe waiting for the 16-17 announcement! I'd heard a rumor about Cinderella -- I don't know the Maillot version, but will miss big parts of the Stowell. I could wish we were getting the Ashton, but I don't think his work ever going to be a part of this repertory.

I know the company is working up to a Robbins tribute for his centenary, so we'll see more prep for that as well.

I know the company is working up to a Robbins tribute for his centenary, so we'll see more prep for that as well.

I saw them do Glass Pieces a few years ago (one of my favorites not available anywhere on DVD or YouTube). And wouldn't it be nice to see Dances at a Gathering. Worth the trip! One thing I love about visiting PNB is the wealth of associated events -- rehearsals, seminars, pre- and post-talks with Boal, dancers, Fullington -- more than I've seen even at NYCB or ABT. Makes it a very worthwhile trip for out-of-towners. And I'm still kicking myself that I missed their reconstruction of Giselle several years ago - hoping they bring that back.

The company did a lovely job with Dances at a Gathering several years ago -- I've got fingers crossed that it's part of the Robbins' tribute.

And yes, Giselle -- they will certainly bring it back, since they commissioned new sets and costumes from Jerome Kaplan the last time they performed it. Not sure about timing, but I'll be pleased whenever it appears.

Or if In the Night would return? What a treat.

I'm not hopeful that it'll happen in a non-anniversary year, but I would love to see PNB stage Ballo della Regina sometime in the future -- just imagine Leta Biasucci or Angelica Generosa taking on that fiend!

I'm not hopeful that it'll happen in a non-anniversary year, but I would love to see PNB stage Ballo della Regina sometime in the future -- just imagine Leta Biasucci or Angelica Generosa taking on that fiend!

I was just watching that earlier this morning and was thinking much the same thing. I wish they'd had it earlier for Carrie Imler -- not sure that she'll be up for it when she comes back from maternity leave -- but Biasucci and Generosa have some of Imler's attack and clarity.