This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Live stream: Prix de Lausanne

California

Thanks, California, for this link. I watched all the classical pieces and some of the self-choreographed ones. This was a real treat for me. A few of the dancers really stand out for their technical skills, musicality, and personality. To put a word in for the American dancer, Madison Young, she looks like she could fit in right now in the NYCB corps--I loved that she communicated not just the steps but a true feeling for the role. Go Madison!

Thanks, California, for this link. I watched all the classical pieces and some of the self-choreographed ones. This was a real treat for me. A few of the dancers really stand out for their technical skills, musicality, and personality. To put a word in for the American dancer, Madison Young, she looks like she could fit in right now in the NYCB corps--I loved that she communicated not just the steps but a true feeling for the role. Go Madison!

I loved the young man from South Africa. Both his classical (from Fille) and his contemporary pieces were amazing.

I loved the young man from South Africa. Both his classical (from Fille) and his contemporary pieces were amazing.

Yes I agree with Kaysta. He has so much talent, energy and personality. I ended up watching the whole thing and he won a bunch of prizes, including audience favorite. Madison took second place and a scholarship to Houston Ballet. Love to see her at NYCB in the future.

Just to clarify...Madison took second prize, but she's currently dancing with Houston Ballet II. I think they have a bit of time before they announce what scholarships/apprenticeships they may be taking. :)

Loved Laura Fernandez! It's wonderful to see dancers return to the Prix for a second year and do so well!