This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Live Stream: PNB in Rehearsal for Maillot's Romeo et Juliette

Helene

Curious how much advance notice we're apt to get for this type of event, I tried the link, and it didn't work.* Anybody else have better luck?

*I might more accurately have said it took me to a page that said, "Content not found," but it amounts to the same thing.

Edited by Jack Reed

The live streams are listed on the PNB website. This live stream was also listed in the R et J press release in the "Special Events" section. I accidentally marked the press release as "red" and didn't post it until today, after PNB posted a reminder earlier today on Facebook.

The live streams are listed on the PNB website...

Indeed they are! Here's a list:

https://www.pnb.org/community/audience/presentations/

And on another page, we can sign up for reminders, though it's not obvious to me whether that's just for future live streams, which would be handy, or for all publicity about the company, which could be rather much:

https://www.pnb.org/live/

Thank you for the nudge.

Curious how much advance notice we're apt to get for this type of event, I tried the link, and it didn't work.* Anybody else have better luck?

I was able to watch from my iPhone5 no problems. A friend just outside of Seattle and one in San Fran also viewed no problems. What kind of equipment, OS, etc were you using?

I knew Bernice Coppetiers is a goddess of a dancer, I have DVDs of her and have seen her in class at Steps but I was so impressed by her coaching - she can really convey (and demonstrate!) what she wants. She is so expressive with each little gesture and I loved the dramatic accents. I also learned that she is very witty and funny. Thank you PNB - it was an incredible evening, can't wait for opening night!

I was only referring to the Facebook link Helene posted in her first post, seattle_dancer; following that was how I got the "Content not Found" result. When the time came, I had something else to do, though I do think this is a good way to give people at whatever distance - I take it you're in Seattle? I'm in Chicago - a "free sample" of something coming up.

Speaking of which, I'll be looking in on PNB's preparations for their City Center visit in the February 19th live stream. Even though I won't be in New York for the performances, I think a live stream can be interesting in itself, and I'm glad you had such a good time with this one.

[On the technical side, I'm still using the seven-year-old Macbook Pro I used to watch Korbes's last program last June. It worked okay for that.]