This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Shakirova/Kim, Batoeva/Latypov: Mariinsky Teams in 2016 "Big

Nadezhda Batoeva & Ernest Latypov also added to the lineup of competitors:

http://tvkultura.ru/person/show/person_id/234641/brand_id/59616/

So the Mariinsky will have two couples in the show. Bolshoi has one team (Daria Kokhlova/Igor Tsvirko). Mikhailovsky one team (Sobolyova/Lebedev)...3 other teams from throughout Russia. Judges throughout the event will include Brigitte Lefevre, Zakharova, Osipova, Obraztsova, Ruzimatov, V Vasiliev, Tomas Edur, etc. (different panels).

All participants seen here;

http://tvkultura.ru/person/index/brand_id/59616/

Wish we had a show like this in the US.

To me Lebedev is amazing. I hope he gets the attention he deserves from this show. He should be guesting everywhere!

Agree - I love watching him. He just has such charm on stage and that easy, cruising, smooth quality with beautiful arms. Phenomenal controlled and centred turns, exquisite line - he does deserve to be a major international star.

You can watch the archives from last night's Bolshoi Ballet broadcast here.

http://tvkultura.ru/brand/show/brand_id/59616/

Mikhailovsky Ballet was here in Japan earlier this month and I agree that Lebedev is one of the most beautiful dancers of his generation. He is such a joy to watch. And Soboleva was also wonderful with beautiful lines and expressiveness.

Lebedev was in 5 performances in 10 days here (3 leads, 2 Swan Lakes and one Le Corsaire plus Laurencia and gala) but he was brilliant in all.

First night results.

Nadejda Batoeva et Ernest Latypov (Théâtre Mariinsky)
Anastasia Soboleva et Victor Lebedev (Théâtre Mikhaïlovsky)

Daria Khokhlova et Igor Tsvirko (Théâtre Bolchoï)
Renata Shakirova et Kim Kimin (Théâtre Mariinsky)
Inna Bilash et Nikita Chetverikov (Théâtre Académique d'Etat Tchaïkovsky de Perm)
Midori Terada et Koya Okawa (Théâtre Académique d'Etat Moussa Djalil de Kazan)

Ekaterina Boulgoutova et Youri Koudriavtsev (Théâtre d'Etat de Krasnoyarsk)

can you watch entire program

So far this works for me.

http://www.ontvtime.ru/index.php?option=com_content&task=view_record&id=1490&start_record=2016-01-16-20-33-38

This one seems better because you can control the fast forward/backward more precisely and is more likely to remain online for future viewing. It starts at about four minutes into the video.

http://telepoisk.com/peredacha-tv-archiv/696795891/16-1-2016

(Thanks once more to Sophia at Dansomanie for this information)

Added:

Drew, the blocked video of Batoeva and Latypov ("Without" by Benjamin Millepied) starts at 93:20 on the second one.

Another one that was omitted from the excerpts, "Getting Ready," is at 64:55. This one is with Ekaterina Boulgoutova and Youri Koudriavtsev (Krasnoyarsk) and although it got the "da!" from only two judges, Svetlana Zakharova (that's good enough for me) and Brigitte Lefevre, I really enjoyed much of it. It does have some aggressive imagery toward the woman, which I never care for, but for the most part it is rather inventive and interesting.

Also several of the women are borderline 'thinner than thin.' I remember very well from 2012 the appearance of now Bolshoi Principal, Olga Smirnova. One thing that I continue to like very much about her is her more healthy looking weight condition and her wholesomeness in general.

I was able to watch some of the contestants -- did not try to see all. But when I clicked on Batoeva and Latypov I was blocked. I think the message was telling me something about regions.

It's on the Mariinsky Theatre public facebook page. There used to be a separate page for Mariinsky Ballet but it seems to have been deleted.

After watching all of Episode 1, I am absolutely in love with the Mariinsky's Batoeva & Latypov...miles above other teams, IMO. Millepied's WITHOUT may be copycat Robbins but that matters not, as it was performed with such sensitive beauty and exquisite lines by the young Mariinsky team. The Mikhailovsky team performed the showy Black Swan and both are so young & adorable when talking..but I was somewhat underwhelmed by Lebedev's un-pointed lower foot in jumps and rather droopy port-de-bras in the coda. He must have been tired; not his usual. As for the Kim/Shakirova Mariinsky team dancing TALISMAN...she is NOT my cup of tea at all but she has the tech goods; on the other hand, Kim was fantastic! I hope that they can pull up as the competition progresses.

After watching all of Episode 1, I am absolutely in love with the Mariinsky's Batoeva & Latypov...miles above other, IMO. Millepied's WITHOUT may be copycat Robbins but that matters not, as it was performed with such sensitive beauty and exquisite lines by the young Mariinsky team. The Mikhailovsky team performed the showy Black Swan and both are so young & adorable when talking..but I was somewhat underwhelmed by Lebedev's un-pointed lower foot in jumps and rather droopy port-de-bras in the coda. He must have been tired; not his usual. As for the Kim/Shakirova team...she is NOT my cup of tea at all but she has the tech goods...Kim fantastic! I hope that the can pull up.

I loved Batoeva and Latypov also. Such grace and poetry and yes, exquisite lines! Actually, whether or not it is reminiscent of Robbins choreography, I like the ballet Without anyway, and I thought they did a great job. The lifts were beautiful and Nadia Batoeva is the best female dancer in the competition. I do love Lebedev also - he does just ooze charm and elegance and that cruising, easy quality and refinement. I enjoyed watching all the excerpts very much.

Indeed. I should have also noted the Bolshoi pair...both fine but the gent, Igor Tsvirko, so much more the 'finished' professional at this stage of his career than is Ms Khokhlova. Finally, I loved the MacMillan WINTER DREAMS number by the Perm Ballet couple. A great preview of the upcoming winter-themed triple bill that will grace the Mariinsky Festival in April!

Indeed. I should have also noted the Bolshoi pair...both fine but the gent, Igor Tsvirko, so much more the 'finished' professional at this stage of his career than is Ms Khokhlova. Finally, I loved the MacMillan WINTER DREAMS number by the Perm Ballet couple. A great preview of the upcoming winter-themed triple bill that will grace the Mariinsky Festival in April!

Agree also with this. Tsvirko was the better half of his partnership and Khoklova appeared muted in contrast. Tsvirko has great presence on stage and also excellent technique. Regarding Winter Dreams - well, I love this ballet very much and actually more than any other MacMillan ballet, and I know it is unfair to judge this very young couple against great professionals, but I saw Mukhamedov and Bussell dance this on stage, and Mukhamedov just took the breath away with his passion and ardour. It is a wonderful pas de deux, at the heart of this beautiful ballet, and this young Perm couple gave of all their all (and yes, I assume they will dance it in the Perm triple bill as part of the Mariinsky Festival) but they were young and sweet, where I wanted to see PASSION!