This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

RDB Guggenheim videos on Ustream

I don't know if I'm just late to the party, but just discovered Guggenheim's Works and Process videos on Ustream and amongst them, I found two very interesting RDB videos!

One is from the RDB tour to the US in 2011, one and a half hour long with Thomas Lund, Alban Lendorf, Ulrik Birkkjær, Susanne Grinder and Amy Watson amongst others. I can't post links here (I think it might be my browser?), but just search for "royal danish ballet" and "ustream" on Google and it should be the first video to show up. It's a lovely compilation of Bournonville stuff, with Grinder and Birkkjær dancing absolutely wonderful excerpts from La Sylphide as my favourite!

There's also an introduction to the RDB's La Bayadère, also an hour and a half long, starring J'aime Crandall, Alban Lendorf, Amy Watson, Lena-Maria Gruber and Holly Dorger amongst others. I haven't watched it in full yet, but plan to, because it looks very interesting and Crandall looks AMAZING as Nikiya... This one is a bit trickier to find, but if you look through the Guggenheim channel's videos, it's there. It has less dancing than the other video and more of Hübbe's directing of the dancers as well as introduction to costumes, setting, story, etc. I look forward to seeing all of it.