This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Discounted ballet tickets

Hi,

I will be visiting Paris in early December and was very interested in taking in a ballet performance (Dec 7 or Dec 9). Unfortunately, the tickets available online are only for higher categories that stretch my budget. What are some ways that I can get discounted tickets?

Thanks so much!

It 's easier in Opéra Bastille. 32 day tickets are released I think 90 minutes before the show (5 euros). However, they have poor view. But, because Bayadère doesn't sell well, I think that you'd better go to the box office and check if they have cheaper tickets (20 or 35 euros), either the day of the show or the day before.

Garnier, it's more difficult. Each day at the opening of the box office, restricted view tickets are sold for 10 euros. For more comfortable view, you'd better check the second hand website http://boursechange.operadeparis.fr/ballets-onp. It's official and secured and cheap good tickets often appear here when Ballet goers don't want to see the cast of the night.

Thank you very much, silvermash. I checked the secondhand site and the tix are 99+ for the dates I will be there. Perhaps more will be posted soon when the casting is released.

Does the POB have any special pricing for students or 'young people'? SF Ballet has a special pricing program for the Under-40 set so i thought i'd check.

Thank you very much, silvermash. I checked the secondhand site and the tix are 99+ for the dates I will be there. Perhaps more will be posted soon when the casting is released.

Does the POB have any special pricing for students or 'young people'? SF Ballet has a special pricing program for the Under-40 set so i thought i'd check.

You should set up an email alert on the exchange site for performances that are on when you are there; that way you will know as soon as something comes up in your price range (and you have to leap on these things as soon as you see them)