This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

California Ballet starts its 48th season

http://toe2toe.californiaballet.org/welcome-to-california-ballets-48th-season/

Rehearsals are already underway for our first production, the West Coast premier of Septime Webre’s The Great Gatsby. This production premiered at the Kennedy Center with the Washington Ballet. We’re very excited about the new choreography as well as some company promotions and many new dancers and guest artists.

We are honored to have Jared Nelson, former principal with the Washington Ballet and Kirsten Bloom Allen, former Sacramento Ballet principal, join us as guest artists for The Great Gatsby. Jared originated the role of Jay Gatsby, and is re-staging the work on California Ballet Company.

We are proud to congratulate new Soloists Allyson Barkdull and Tess Lane on their recent promotions. Former Company Apprentices Topaz Davis, Brigitte Edwards, and Rachel Cahayla-Wynne join us this season as members of our Corps de Ballet; Rachel returns to us after the birth of her son earlier this spring.

We are delighted to welcome back former CBC dancer Cody (Gibson) Toscano this season after the birth of her second child.

See more on the link.

Jordan Bialock and Leila Mardoum go off to college back east at Northeastern and NYU. No word on whatever happened to Emily Bosworth.

I read Gatsby in high school down in Florida, after I first left San Diego, but have never seen a ballet version of it. Sounds intriguing, and the artwork on the site looks great. I'm a sucker for great costumes.