This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Cassandra Trenary

I think I found it: "Each year, the Foundation presents the Princess Grace Awards to artists who show excellence and promise in the areas of theater, dance, and film. Students are eligible for scholarships; emerging artists working in companies qualify for apprenticeships and fellowships. A playwriting fellowship is available for individual artists through a residency at New Dramatists in New York City, which includes the opportunity to have the winning play be licensed and published by Samuel French, Inc. In addition to these, the Foundation also gives honorable mention grants to applicants through Honoraria."

I think I found it: "Each year, the Foundation presents the Princess Grace Awards to artists who show excellence and promise in the areas of theater, dance, and film. Students are eligible for scholarships; emerging artists working in companies qualify for apprenticeships and fellowships. A playwriting fellowship is available for individual artists through a residency at New Dramatists in New York City, which includes the opportunity to have the winning play be licensed and published by Samuel French, Inc. In addition to these, the Foundation also gives honorable mention grants to applicants through Honoraria."

ITM, thanks for the info. i just presumed the Honoraria was a sort of stipend for the artist to do what she/he wants to further her/his career.

ITM, thanks for the info. i just presumed the Honoraria was a sort of stipend for the artist to do what she/he wants to further her/his career.

Just read my latest Dance Informa and thought to share, but seems this may be similar to honorable mention since it is not listed here? : The 2015 Dance Awards winners include: Lani Dickinson (Dominican University of California), receiving a dance scholarship; Ailey II’s Courtney Spears (a senior in the Ailey/Fordham BFA Program), receiving a dance scholarship; Babatunji Johnson (Alonzo King's LINES Ballet), receiving a dance fellowship/the Chris Hellman Dance Award; Emilie Leriche (Hubbard Street Dance Chicago), receiving a dance fellowship; Harper Watters (Houston Ballet), receiving a dance fellowship; and Ching Ching Wong (Northwest Dance Project), receiving a dance fellowship.

<http://danceinforma.us/articles/pgfusa-announces-2015-awards/>

On another note about Cassandra Trenary, she is on the cover of the June/July issue of Pointe Magazine. The article is a lovely commentary of Ms. Trenary's whirlwind year. You can see it here:

http://pointemagazine.com/magazines/junejuly-2016/

I had the privilege of seeing her perform her debut of Aurora in Detroit, and she was amazing. It appears she is handling all of the new roles, and the pressure of learning so much in such a short amount of time with a great deal of grace and maturity.