This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Kirov, Sleeping Beauty, February 16 Matinee

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Kevin Ng

Kevin Ng

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 February 2002 - 12:13 AM

Yes, Roma, Natalia Sologub dances Giselle. I didn't realise that till I checked her biography just now on the Kirov's website.

http://www.mariinsky...soloist/sologub

#17 NO7

NO7

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 February 2002 - 03:52 AM

A bit disappointing news, Jeannie. I can't really imagine Sologub as Cinderella. Her Aurora was less charming than others and her dancing was quite rigid. As Roma said, she was pretty good in a more contemporary choreography. She suits pretty well with the role of kittenish Marsha in the Nutcracker 2001 version. However, Sologub was surprisingly impressive in Chopiniana, so I guess she could make good Giselle as well.

#18 Kevin Ng

Kevin Ng

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 February 2002 - 10:19 AM

Sologub is probably in one of the casts of this new Cinderella. The cast dancing the premiere on 5 March will be Diana Vishneva and Andrian Fadeyev, from what I've heard.

#19 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 20 February 2002 - 10:55 AM

GREAT news, as I'll be attending the premiere on the 5th (as well as Raymonda on the 2nd), prior to the festival. No complaints if it is a "Vishneva Viechir"! Wow-weeeee...you just made my day, Kevin. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):