This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Kirov, Sleeping Beauty, February 16 Matinee

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Kevin Ng

Kevin Ng

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 February 2002 - 12:13 AM

Yes, Roma, Natalia Sologub dances Giselle. I didn't realise that till I checked her biography just now on the Kirov's website.

#17 NO7

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 February 2002 - 03:52 AM

A bit disappointing news, Jeannie. I can't really imagine Sologub as Cinderella. Her Aurora was less charming than others and her dancing was quite rigid. As Roma said, she was pretty good in a more contemporary choreography. She suits pretty well with the role of kittenish Marsha in the Nutcracker 2001 version. However, Sologub was surprisingly impressive in Chopiniana, so I guess she could make good Giselle as well.

#18 Kevin Ng

Kevin Ng

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 February 2002 - 10:19 AM

Sologub is probably in one of the casts of this new Cinderella. The cast dancing the premiere on 5 March will be Diana Vishneva and Andrian Fadeyev, from what I've heard.

#19 Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 20 February 2002 - 10:55 AM

GREAT news, as I'll be attending the premiere on the 5th (as well as Raymonda on the 2nd), prior to the festival. No complaints if it is a "Vishneva Viechir"! Wow-weeeee...you just made my day, Kevin. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):