This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Fall For Dance Festival (NY City Center) 2015

This:

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 8 and FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9 at 8pm
NRITYAGRAM, Invoking Shiva, Surupa Sen

will absolutely be worth seeing. But I am even more curious about this:

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10 at 8pm and SUNDAY, OCTOBER 11 at 7pm
BILL IRWIN AND TILER PECK, New Work (NY Premiere), Bill Irwin, with Tiler Peck

But I am even more curious about this:

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10 at 8pm and SUNDAY, OCTOBER 11 at 7pm

BILL IRWIN AND TILER PECK, New Work (NY Premiere), Bill Irwin, with Tiler Peck

There had better be a video. Because I can't even imagine ... but I'm dying to see whatever it is. (I have absolutely no expectation that I will prevail in the FFD ticket scrum.)

Lots and lots of good stuff on offer! YES! to Nrityagram. For the curious, this is a selection from the work they performed the last time they were in FFD. (The dancer on the left is Surupa Sen; the dancer on the right is her long-time colleague Bijayini Satpathy.)

Ballet companies performing:

• Miami City Ballet, 30 Sep-1 Oct: "Allegro Brillante" (Balanchine)
  • Houston Ballet, 6-7 October: "Maninyas" (Welch)
  • San Francisco Ballet, 8-9 October: "Solo" (van Manen)
  • Boston Ballet, 10-11 October: "Pas de Quatre" (Yakobson)

The Yakobson is the one I wish I could see.

Also Steven McCrae is bringing his "Czardas" on 2-3 October, and Herman Cornejo will be performing with Fang-yi Sheu in Sheu's "Pheremones" on the 6-7 October program.

There had better be a video. Because I can't even imagine ... but I'm dying to see whatever it is. (I have absolutely no expectation that I will prevail in the FFD ticket scrum.)

OK, it's not a video of the whole thing in costume, but here's some delightful Bill Irwin & Tiler Peck rehearsal / performance / interview footage. I yield to no one in my admiration of Tiler Peck's stupendous gifts, but in this case I think Irwin pretty much steals the show ...