This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Disabled Children & New York City Ballet

I am not sure of the appropriate location for this post, so please feel free to move it.

NewsChannel KFor.com has an article titled, Mother’s email leads to disabled children dancing with New York City Ballet dancers.

Be sure to watch the video. I found it takes a while to load. On my PC, I had difficulty making video full screen. On my iPad, it was easy. I don't understand why there's a difference. Perhaps you'll have better luck.

The video is a heartwarming story about the power of dance. That's it, just a simple, short story.

I think it's great when others give of themselves to make the world a better place.

As an aside, for all American readers, Happy Fourth of July!

I saw that story on Facebook a couple of days ago, and I'm glad it's getting attention. Let me add that Colorado Ballet has a really nice program for Down Syndrome children, "Be Beautiful Be Yourself." It's great when people see the many values of the arts. I wouldn't be surprised if there are other programs like this around the country.

http://www.coloradoballet.org/education/bebeautifulbeyourself