This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Bolshoi Ballet

Guest dance4life

Guest dance4life

Hello:

A few months ago, we went on a vacation to England. I saw a ballet called "The Bolshoi Ballet" I belive it was Russian. Has anyone else heard of it? It was a goregous ballet.

The Bolshoi Ballet is one of the largest most important ballet companies in the world, dance4life! How lovely that you had the privilege of seeing this company perform! Can you tell us what ballet or ballets they did on the performance you saw? Was it one ballet with 3 or 4 acts, which is called a "full length" ballet, or was it several shorter ballets, which would be called a "mixed program"? Do you have your program so you can tell us what ballets and performers you saw in the principal roles?

Guest dance4life

Unfourtunetly, I cannot find my program, (but if it happens to pop up, I will tell you) but I remeber it was called Chippiana (spelling?)

Guest dance4life

Hello Victoria:

I found my program. The Ballet was called "Chipiniana", It featured: Inna Petrova, Andrei Uvarov, Nikolai Tsiskaridze, they were all principals.Also, Maria Allash, Maria Alexandrova, Nina Kaptsova, Sweetlana Gnedova. It says its a chreographic compostion in one act. It also says DIVERSSEMENT: Sleeping Beauty, Romeo and Juliet, La Fille Mal Gardee, La Sylphide, Narcissus, and Le Corsaire were all the acts.