This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Tulsa Ballet's Don Quixote

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Allegro

• PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 March 2002 - 01:41 PM

Did anyone see Tulsa's Don Q? I just went to see it a few weekends ago, and I really really enjoyed it... just curious if anyone else did... The costumes and the set were beautiful, which I believe were Houston Ballet's set and costumes. And, of course the dancing was pretty good. I especially loved the choreography (which was by Anne-Marie Holmes). It was very interesting and varied, and I was never bored with it. There were steps that were innovative, but didn't seem out of place in a classical ballet.

[ March 19, 2002, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: Allegro ]

#2 Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,287 posts

Posted 19 March 2002 - 02:55 PM

Thanks for posting that, Allegro. Who were the leading dancers?

I didn't see this production, but I did see Holmes' production for Boston Ballet several years ago -- it was a traditional production, very much based on the real thing. Perhaps the different steps you noticed were character steps -- Spanish dancing-influenced steps.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed it -- tell us more smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):