This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Change in met opera/ABT ticket ordering website

macnell, do you have an adblocker, antu-redirector, or pop-up blocker installed? These can interfere with a lot of ordering sites.

The opera people don't sound very happy with the website, either. Wait until they start ordering tickets.

I still cant get to sspecific seat selection. Is there a trick to this? Thanks in advance for guiding me!

Here is another idea. If you happen to have a second browser, give that a try. Sometimes I have a problem on a site and then switch to my other browser, and the site works just fine. If you don’t have a second browser (let’s say you are using IE), try downloading another browser (Firefox is a good one) and see if that works for you. I know it’s extra work, but having a second browser comes in very handy.

hi Stuben,

Thank you for trying to help me. how do i get to the page showing the seat selection? i seen to skip that and my ticket is chosen for me. I never picked "best available" as a choice.

darn darn!

I will attempt to help you with this although it migh be what NinaFan said about browser, forgive me if I am not much better. if you see the page with the Orchestra, Parterre lists then just click on one of those level choices and you should get the seating page. I do use Safari so perhaps that might be the better browser to use? I know what you mean about getting this unnecessary stress for the day and can't blame you for giving up, just wonder how many have done the same. I agree too that the Met doesn't care since ABT is basically renting their space, I would calll and let ABT know this mess for sure!

There is a faint note on my ipad browser (I tried both safari and chrome) saying " mobile- best available" and i found no way to override it. Will call tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your help! ...and sympathy....

I had problems when I used my ipad as well. Had to go to the laptop and then it worked.

It is horse's mouth official: One can only reserve "best available" seats from mobile devices. no specific seat choices allowed from ipad, iphone or other mobile devices.

That seems rather short sighted of them! At least you know it's not you, and that switching to a non mobile device will allow you to select your own seats.

It is horse's mouth official: One can only reserve "best available" seats from mobile devices. no specific seat choices allowed from ipad, iphone or other mobile devices.

And yet mysteriously the Met is an organization with an aging audience...

Seriously, it's as if they were aiming to be out of date--

In defense of the Met, though, I've run into other apps that work fine on my smartphone, but aren't compatible with my tablet. I think they're all struggling to keep up with rapidly changing technologies. And I have no plans to get the Apple watch - just trying to get the stuff I have to work!

And yet mysteriously the Met is an organization with an aging audience...

Seriously, it's as if they were aiming to be out of date--

With all these issues on this new Met site, I wonder if my own wishes that ABT should update their own site might be a good idea. I have to say I love the NYCB site, it is so fresh and easy to manneuver. Maybe that is what the Met is trying to do but isn't just quite there yet? I guess we are all part of the test this season.

With all these issues on this new Met site, I wonder if my own wishes that ABT should update their own site might be a good idea. I have to say I love the NYCB site, it is so fresh and easy to manneuver. Maybe that is what the Met is trying to do but isn't just quite there yet? I guess we are all part of the test this season.

ABT website should be relatively easy to update as all of its tickets are sold thru venue websites, so it doesn't need to maintain its own online ticketing system like NYCB and Met do. May be ABT is nostalgic it's heydays thru 2000's and, therefore, it doesn't want to update its website.

ABT website should be relatively easy to update as all of its tickets are sold thru venue websites, so it doesn't need to maintain its own online ticketing system like NYCB and Met do. May be ABT is nostalgic it's heydays thru 2000's and, therefore, it doesn't want to update its website.

I do hope you are correct in your impression mussel, in the most sincere waysmile.png I am not sure nostalgia or just funding though, since NYCB seems to have so much interesting updates each time I look, I love theire videos about each dancer, to get to know them and their work better, but this is subjective and might not work for everyone.