This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Ballet Philippines

Only one of the four Principals of BP remain. Carissa Adea resigned and studied dance in the States for six months. My favorite dancer Katherine Trofeo retired. I don't like that her last performance had to be in Mandhid. I think she deserved to retire dancing Giselle or Kitri. I was surprised to learn that Richardson Yadao has also left the company. I watched their International Dance Day presentation at their studio and when they introduced him as one of the choreographers the emcee said former principal dancer. There are a few dancers that are showing great potential but I'm not sure if anyone is at a principal dancer level at this point. I guess we'll find out in the coming season. My favorite show from last season was Rock Supremo. It was the first time that ballet made me cry. Hugot Sa Rosas is also unforgettable. I didn't expect BP 2 to be that good but they were. And the music that they used were just perfect and could really draw emotion from both the dancers and the audience.

Yesterday I went to the Pinoy Cultural festival in Seattle before attending the PNB Season Encore. There are many Phillipino immigrants living in the Seattle area. I hope Ballet Phillipines finds a way to come to Seattle some day, as I think they would be very well received.