This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

NYCB @ Théâtre du Châtelet Paris 6/28-7/16/16

Oh no! That's our Saratoga time. If they don't come here until late July, it will be during the track season. I don't think the dancers can afford those rents on their per diem. And yet we've heard that we'll have two weeks, including midsummer. So this needs investigation. Thanks for the heads up.

Could this relate to the fact that NYCB is beginning their New York City Spring season much earlier than usual in 2016. The NY City Koch season ends on May 29, 2016, so perhaps a Saratoga visit will occur in early June, before the Paris engagement?

It's possible.....June can be cold here (or hot, July too, who knows what the weather will bring anywhere?). And I shouldn't make assumptions about what anyone can afford either, but rentals here during track season are ridiculous.

Philadelphia orchestra has been at spac in August for decades, but many of the musicians own homes here or at one of the nearby lakes. And if the orchestra is here, the ballet can't be.

July 9, 2016 will mark 50 years since NYCB inaugurated the SPAC stage with a performance of Midsummer. Of course our expectation has been that our company will celebrate here with us.

It's possible.....June can be cold here (or hot, July too, who knows what the weather will bring anywhere?). And I shouldn't make assumptions about what anyone can afford either, but rentals here during track season are ridiculous.

Philadelphia orchestra has been at spac in August for decades, but many of the musicians own homes here or at one of the nearby lakes. And if the orchestra is here, the ballet can't be.

July 9, 2016 will mark 50 years since NYCB inaugurated the SPAC stage with a performance of Midsummer. Of course our expectation has been that our company will celebrate here with us.

Oh no! It was my understanding (and, as rkorestzky notes), everyone's expectation that the company will perform at Saratoga for two weeks, in 2016. As long as I can remember, they've began their summer residency the Tuesday after July 4. Maybe they are having their residency in June.

Karen, if you learn anything when you call, please share!

I will, rkoretzky! I read this article, too, a few days ago, but when I saw this topic, I completely forgot about the Peck commission. So all is not lost, I hope! For those of us who've derive their significant NYCB experience from SPAC, any news that the company may not summer here is cause for distress.

Karen, if you learn anything when you call, please share!

Greetings! I called SPAC's administration and spoke to a marketing rep, Laura, who advised me (by a return call on my voice mail; I didn't speak with her directly) that New York City Ballet is indeed contracted to perform at SPAC in 2016. She did not specify the dates; perhaps SPAC won't release that info yet, but it's good news to know they will be there next summer! It's a shame (but not the end of the world) that our company won't grace the stage on July 9, 2016, it's 50th anniversary. It will be wonderful, nevertheless!

If anyone States-side is considering going to Paris for the Chatalet run of NYCB - here is the link to buy tickets - now available in levels 1 - 5. (Levels 6 and 7 are said to be available on the day). The link is here. The top ticket price is 109 Euros / ($100.28).

I bought a Level 5 ticket to every performance and even with the booking fee paid $17.08 per (full view) ticket. The Chatalet is not the most comfortable theatre on the face of the universe, but that is, I think, a saving over even the Fourth Ring (when it's open now of course). You can buy tickets at the other levels for as little as 8 Euros/$7.36)

Wow. Cheap ticket prices. In New York they charge more than $100 to sit up in the nosebleed seats, which is why the theater is half empty almost every night. I guess Katherine Brown wasn't in charge of setting ticket prices for the Paris tour.

Travel alerts for american traveling to Europe have put a block in my consideration of travel to Paris this summer. I wonder if NYCB will take this into consideration? The State Department has issued a warning. "Credible information indicates terrorist groups such as ISIL and al-Qa’ida and its affiliates continue to plot near-term attacks in Europe. All European countries remain vulnerable to attacks from transnational terrorist organizations.

European authorities continue to warn of the possibility of attacks conducted by lone individuals inspired by extremist organizations that could occur with little to no warning. Extremists have targeted large sporting events, theatres, open markets, aviation services, transportation systems, and public venues where people congregate. Authorities believe there is a high likelihood terror attacks in Europe will continue as European members of ISIL return from Syria and Iraq. European governments are taking action to guard against terrorist attacks; however, all European countries remain potentially vulnerable."

Accommodation in Paris is a bargain right now as bookings have dropped after the 13th November atrocities. When I went to the Theatre des Champs Elysees last month they had beefed up the security and after searching my bag I was asked to unbutton my coat, presumably to check if I was wearing a suicide vest.

Life goes on a normal there, for it to be otherwise would mean the bad guys had won.

Life goes on a normal there, for it to be otherwise would mean the bad guys had won.

I couldn't agree more. The chances of being caught in gun crossfire in the US or being killed by a drunk driver on the way to the airport are ever-present. We have to go on living, or the terrorists really have won. Stay alert and enjoy your travels!

I couldn't agree more. The chances of being caught in gun crossfire in the US or being killed by a drunk driver on the way to the airport are ever-present. We have to go on living, or the terrorists really have won. Stay alert and enjoy your travels!

Agreed. I commute in and out of Philly everyday, so I think I have a better chance of getting in an accident on the Schuylkill then I do getting harmed in a terrorist attack.

And unfortunately, I don't forsee the world becoming a safer place anytime soon, so I'm not going to change any travel plans.

That being said, I certainly don't fault others if they don't want to travel right now.

At last, the casting for the Paris tour has been posted on the NYCB website. Maria K. is cast, so I guess she has regained her form. Good for her. Other good news- DeLuz and Scheller are both back from injury. Russell Janzen will debut as Mearns partner in Tschai Piano Concerto, and he will also debut as the lead in Walspurgisnacht. Fingers crossed for his promotion by the end of 2016.

All reports from those lucky enough to attend the tour engagement would be welcome!