This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

2015-2016 Dancer Promotions, Retirements, Etc.

Jahna Frantziskonis will be dancing as the Sugarplum Fairy this season. That is a good sign that the staff sees potential there...

You'd have to be blind not see to potential once you watch her dance. Rarely have I seen a corps dancer who so naturally gives 110% at every moment. It's as if she lives to dance.....and dance with such joy (a living Giselle :wink:). Just wait......you're going to see why we here in Seattle feel such loss for the future. Lucky you SFB folks!

Kristina Lind and Dana Genshaft were removed from the roster. I will miss these two dancers whose dancing I always enjoyed but saw so little of. I believe Dana has retired from ballet but hope that Kristina continues dancing somewhere else. I wish both of them success in their plans for the future. And thank you for many great moments.

Lauren Strongin from Houston Ballet joins as a soloist.

RE: Dana Genshaft - she is now on the teaching staff at the SFB school (Contemporary & Conditioning)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAh38GqsjwV/?taken-by=sfballet

Very nice to hear this.

The current staff list: http://school.sfballet.org/staff

This is a great news about Dana. I am glad she has a steady job in the ballet world. I know that she is also choreographing and there were even a couple of short films of her work at the San Francisco Dance Film Festival last year but I didn't get to see it.

I don't think I've seen her on stage the past two seasons and kept hoping I would see her again. Clara Blanco was a distinctive, special, and lovely dancer, but it sounds like a terrific career she has in front of her.

SFB states that Clara Blanco has returned to Spain to head the Classical Dance Department at Escuela Profesional de Danza de Castilla y León.

Best of luck to Ms. Blanco - she will be missed.