This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

PNB's Cinderella

Here's a link to the Seattle Times review of PNB's Cinderella (with a lovely photo of Louise Nadeau and Olivier Wevers). Did anyone go?

PNB's lovely 'Cinderella' at home in Mercer Arena

quote:

Last month, Pacific Northwest Ballet made its move to the Mercer Arts Arena by premiering Kent Stowell's compelling, multimedia "Carmen." That high-tech, streamlined ballet was the perfect fit for the bare-bones but efficiently retrofitted theater.

Stowell's gauzy, sweetly romantic "Cinderella" poses a different challenge to the minimalist space.

Can an 18th-century ballet with elaborate scenery and intimate character relationships play as well in the boxy arena? Happily, Thursday night's opening proved that it can and does.

read review

Guest pmballerina

I went it was wonderful.I actually saw Louise Nudeau play Cinderella.I actually had her as a teacher for a summer program at my studio and she was a wonderful teacher.I thought she did a great job and I enjoyed it very very much!

~Jocelyn~

Thank you for posting that, Jocelyn. I've enjoyed her Louise Nadeau's dancing very much as well. (I haven't seen "Cinderella," but I've seen her in several roles when the company has appeared in D.C.

Does this ballet have a lot of roles for dancers? Did you get to see other dancers in soloist roles that you liked?

Guest pmballerina

Yes, there were many soloist roles and many corps de ballet parts. I espesially enjoyed the season soloist parts. My favorite season was probably autumm. The costumes were also very beautiful and also amazing!

~Jocelyn~