This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

BRB 2015/16 Season

2015-16 season announced: https://www.brb.org.uk/whats-on

Swan Lake 28 September 6 October 2015

Variations triple bill:
Theme and Variations / Kin. / Enigma Variations 8 10 October 2015

The Nutcracker 27 November 13 December 2015

Ashton double bill:
The Dream / A Month in the Country 17 20 February 2016

Romeo and Juliet 24 27 February 2016

The Taming of the Shrew 16 18 June 2016

Shakespeare triple bill:
The Sonnets / The Moors Pavane / The Shakespeare Suite 22 25 June 2016

Throughout the year, Birmingham Royal Ballets 60 full-time dancers from across the world will be accompanied by Britains busiest ballet orchestra, the Royal Ballet Sinfonia, under the musical directorship of Koen Kessels. We will also be joined by members of the Colin Towns' Mask Orchestra, for Duke Ellington's Shakespeare Suite.

It's Cranko's Shrew.

The Sonnets is a new creation from Jessica Lang.

The (wonderful) Shakespeare Suite is by David Bintley and according to the subscription brochure is being accompanied by the magnificent Colin Towns Mask Orchestra.

I am especially excited by the Spring/Summer season and the T&V programme.

Subscription booking opened today for Friends. The form has been a total nightmare and I aged 20 years in 4 hours last week trying to fill it in!!! I hope I have a successful (for me) outcome!

(I was typing at the same time as Jane)

Edited by JMcN

It is the Cranko Shrew - Shakespeare Suite is by David Bintley - The Sonnets is a new piece by Jessica Lang.

We're seeing a new-to-us work by Lang at Pacific Northwest Ballet next season -- she's having a fruitful time in her career.

Well the 2015/16 season is nearing its end. We are now well into the run of Romeo and Juliet. The Lang work has been titled Wink and is due to be premiered on midscale North in May.

On Saturday afternoon at The Lowry (in Salford) Yaoqian Shang made her debut as Juliet with William Bracewell making his second appearance as Romeo (he had debuted with Delia Matthews on Thursday afternoon, which sadly I could not get to). I have to say that it was one of the most remarkable performances I have EVER seen of this production. It really was a very, very special afternoon. I had a lump in my throat from the moment they met in the ballroom, was in tears at the end of the balcony scene and sobbing out loud by the end!

These two young dancers were thought to be destined as stars - they have well and truly arrived!!